ICK, head slump in the Radian...

Laurette

My poor DD. After this I moved her out of the Radian.

IMG_2328.jpg

Although, I was suprised that DS had no head slump at all FFing. It exceded my expectations for FFing... Dissapointed me for RFing.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I don't think of that as head slump. Just going to the side. Looks uncomfy for us, but for her, she is fine.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I think of head slump as forward. Side to side, is ok, just look umcomfortable.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If she was uncomfortable, she would wake up ;) Head to the side like that isn't dangerous at all, and it's inevitable in seats with wide sides & no head support.

Laurette

Yeah, I am sure the extra padding they have would help tremendously. This was a loaner seat from a friend that I was trying out. It is a 65 so it doesnt have the extra padding.

I really liked the seat, just not for Rfing at all. It only fit Rfing in one spot in my car, behing the driver so thats not really going to work. I'm really glad I got to try one out before buying one.

I will probably get an XT for DD if we end up having a third child before getting a new vehicle. But hopefully she will be FFIng by then.

Spam

I know it's not a safety concern, but I don't like it either. I've waken up from sleeping wrong on my neck and it hurts.. it didn't wake me during my sleep, but all day long I could feel it in my neck :(

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I know it's not a safety concern, but I don't like it either. I've waken up from sleeping wrong on my neck and it hurts.. it didn't wake me during my sleep, but all day long I could feel it in my neck :(

I don't think of that as head slump. Just going to the side. Looks uncomfy for us, but for her, she is fine.

WE are different from kids. Remember sitting cross legged on the floor, playing with barbies? Can you do it now, for the same amount of time? Kids are more flexible.

lovinwaves

:yeahthat: If it helps any, I used to ask my Aunt, who is a chiro, about that when my kids were babies...she said they are just fine :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep, it doesn't bother a baby. But if it bothers YOU, know that the Comfy Soft pillow makes a world of difference. ;)

Pixels

Can you recline the seat any more? I can't get a feel for the angle from that pic. In most vehicles it's 45 or barely more upright, but some vehicles it goes in pretty upright. If so, and if you have the front to back room, you can use the top tether to adjust the angle. It's allowed with the Radian (but not Britax seats).

Laurette

Since the radian will only install in the position behind the driver there is no more room to recline the CR any more.

I'm not too worried about it. This is not her seat, we don't even have it in our possession any more. The point was to show that if a little baby will be using this seat they are going to need the extra cushions.

Wether it bothers the baby or not, it bothered me. She fits much better in her Uptown. She turns her head an nuzzles in most times before I even get her buckled when she is sleepy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC