New Safety 1st convertible at W-M

skaterbabs

has anyone else seen this? It looks like a plusher version of the Scenera, but it's not on any of the websites. I think it's called "uptown" or something similar.

ADS

skaterbabs

I have no idea - I saw it the other day (and left myself a message with the name on my phone - which is of course in the car!:rolleyes: ) but I could not find a price anywhere, it's not on the WM or the Safety 1st websites. :confused:

scatterbunny

Yay! According to that, the Uptown (which does, indeed, sound like a nicer version of the Scenera--something we've all been wanting!!!), Enspira, AO, AOE, Prospect, Summit and Apex will get EPP foam!!! Woohoo!

So much for Dorel thinking foam was a marketing gimmick. Finally someone realized the truth, LOL.

skaterbabs

I think they over-priced it though. I can't see it being enough better to warrent the price being twice as much, KWIM? IMO, $60-$80 would be the right price.

scatterbunny

Oh, I agree...but it's a way better seat than the comparably priced Graco ComfortSport. The only "issue" with the Scenera was the padding, so hopefully the parents who buy ComfortSports and Triumphs because they look so comfy will instead go for the Uptown.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Looks like they'll (Dorel) be adding EPS foam to a lot of their seats... even the AO and the Apex.

I guess thats good.

Our WM had the Evenflo Confidence booster today, just one... in a crushed box. It wasn't priced or on display yet.

I wonder if Target will be getting new seats soon?

mominabigtruck

That sounds alot like the eddie bauer tourivas they used to make a couple of years ago. Yeah for cosco!!! I loved that seat, the fact that it had the infant insert and the pillow plus the fabric and cushioning was alot nicer then what they're making now.

Splash

Target has the new Uptown on it's website but it says it is out of stock. It does have a picture if anyone is interested.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3119010-0087851?asin=B000LR9ERC&AFID=MSN&LNM=B000LR9ERC|Safety_1st_Uptown_convertible_car_seat&ref=tgt_adv_XPSD0500

Ooohh... I like that! I think they overpriced it though. I agree that $70ish would be a great price on it, well worth the additional $20-30 to get EPS and more padding. But really... A buck's worth of styrofoam and some cotton batting and they DOUBLE the price of the seat? Bad move. But, still better than the EB or AO.

I hope BRU gets that. It will be a MUCH better option than anything they have on the shelf (save the Britax).

becca011906

Senior Community Member
So this seat does have the EPS stuff??? I wonder if the slots are higher at all??? I'm looking for another seat for youngest dd... hummmm but for another 70 i can get a radian that will last her till she's 6 or so...

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Interesting. I wonder if the padding translates into lower top slots. I may have to peek in at the local WalMart to have a look, but the closest one to me usually isn't quick to get in new seats or to keep seats well stocked in general. It's an older, cramped store, and I'm really not fond of going there, especially with Target closer by, lol. I was just at Target this morning but didn't see any new models or clearanced seats there yet.

scatterbunny

It does look like a more-padded Enspira. I like it, though. The bottom slots according to carseatdata.org are 9.5 inches high. These look lower than that, but maybe it's just me. :)

Is there anything really bad about this seat? Because it has high-ish (15.5 inch) top slots. At least, higher than the Scenera and some other Dorel seats. For someone who's budget allowed them choices like the ComfortSport, Scenera, Titan, Tribute and Triumph I'd steer them towards this one, I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC