Humor me

Splash

I've had a bad day, I need car seat therapy. I have a 10% car seat coupon, a 15% any item coupon, and I'm trading in a dead TB for a 20% any item coupon. I know BRU will stack them so I'm at a minimum of 30%, possibly as high as 45% (okay, I'm not delusional, I know that won't happen).

I'm gonna go look at the CA and see if I love it. If I do, I'm selling the BV. Then I will either put Charlie in the CA FF in my car and Sam RF in the MA in the van, or leave Charlie FF in the MA in my car and put the CA in RF for Sam in the van. That would probably mean moving Charlie outboard in my car, which I can live with.

Now comes the all-important question..........
Which color?

When my seats don't match, it bothers me horribly. It doesn't bother Audrey and I don't know why. The GN in the van is the grey/black mesh pattern (bravo I think). If I get the Harvest CA, the colors will clash horribly. Audrey doesn't care but I dooooooo. The black CA will at least not be so mind-blowingly awkward. Also, if I put it in my car, it MUST be the black and grey one, because my interior is grey. But my CC is orange, hmmm.... No, must be black and grey.
Thing is, I like the harvest color. A lot. But should I forfeit it for the sake of matching?

Maybe I'll just sell ALL my seats and get four CAs. Will they give a quadruplet discount?

ADS

monstah

Time to check that old thread and see who had the best guess on when Splash would cave. :p ;)

Orange CCO and CA in one car. MA & GN in the other. Would that match?

Rosey

I like matching. My dream is to have zebra, arctic cat, and cowmoo but that won't ever happen. I LOVE the orange. It is my favorite color, but I would probably have to buy two CA's to make them matching :)

Pixels

Will they give a quadruplet discount?

Any time you buy more than one, ask for the twin discount (you have to ask) and they'll take 10% off each one. If you buy four, you'll get 10% of each one, and you need to scrounge up three more dead TBs to trade in :whistle:

Mama Jo

My money's on you hating the CA... so I'm not voting on a color. :p

ETA: I'm in your boat though, I've had a crappy week and even though I'm broke I keep thinking about which seat I wanna buy to replace the EFTA that I have to sell. Even though I know I won't be buying anything... I'll be going back to using the SS1 temporarily or until he officially grows out of it...

Splash

See. the orange CC is bad enough for me on grey interior, but I can live with it. The van has tan interior.

And that thread doesn't count, because I wouldn't have to buy another convertible if my SS1 hadn't melted. Sam was supposed to be in this for months still.

What I have-
Bravo Nautilus which should stay in the tan car
Denim Marathon
Carrot Cake Cocorro which must stay in the grey car

My other choice for Sam is a Cranberry TF ARB (eye, meet spork). That's WAY more expensive than a CA at this time, though.

So Julie, how about YOU ring me up? 20% plus 15% plus 10% plus another 10% multiples.... That brings me to $137.70 (if they do the coupons in that order). Add 7% tax, under $150 each. Sweet! I'll completely buy 4 of them.

crunchierthanthou

So Julie, how about YOU ring me up? 20% plus 15% plus 10% plus another 10% multiples.... That brings me to $137.70 (if they do the coupons in that order). Add 7% tax, under $150 each. Sweet! I'll completely buy 4 of them.

it doesn't matter which order they apply the coupons. $250-20%-15%-10%-10%=250-10%-15%-10%-20%, or any other combination = $137.70, no matter what. subtracting a percentage is actually multiplying by a fraction. it's basically 4 multiplication problems (not the word I'm looking for, but you get the idea) stacked, which are all the same in terms of order of operations.

250(.8)(.85)(.9)(.9)=137.7

/math lesson and hijack :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And hey, I'll buy them FOR you, use my employee discount (10%) and we'll find some of those $5 off every $25 you spend coupons you can print up online... and then you'll get them almost free :D

jb5416

Don't be so sure you'll like it. I was totally set to love it but I think it's an overpriced piece of crap. If you are used to Britax/Sunshine Kids/Learning Curve type seats the quality (or lack thereof) may be slightly shocking. I know it was for me....
:twocents:
Jessie

Splash

Oh I've seen it and liked it, but I've never installed it. Overpriced, absolutely. But since Julie just offered to sell them for me for $103 each, I'm not really sure how I can go wrong.

HEVY

My money's on you hating the CA... so I'm not voting on a color. :p

It really pushes the head forward, very awkward. The headwings feel really soft though. The B/G is really ugly and plain but the B/O won't match :shrug-shoulders: MR is nice.

vonfirmath

And hey, I'll buy them FOR you, use my employee discount (10%) and we'll find some of those $5 off every $25 you spend coupons you can print up online... and then you'll get them almost free :D

I thought it was $5 off $25 not $5 off each $25? AT least, when I bought a $50 item they didn't take $10 off..

jb5416

Honestly, I think $103 is a fair price for that seat. I might look at it differently if it were that much.... BTW--I vote for the gray. If you like your seats to match the orange/brown would distress you.
Jessie

Splash

Eh, I'd end up paying ~170 for it, I know that. And I'm fine with that. 103, though... I'd drive to VA tonight to get them! I'm only ~14 hours from Julie.

lovinwaves

For $170 I'd buy the seat. My kids are liking their CA's. There is no denying the oversized headwings. Melikes. :) :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC