Question Recaro harness strap covers

Mommy0608

Those harness covers on the Signo are crazy thick and long. :thumbsdown: Does anyone know if Recaro makes thinner, shorter ones? Are they available to order?

The ones that came with my Signo are inappropriate for Tyler... too long, and too bulky. He needs covers though because the straps are a little close together and they leave deep marks on his neck plus he has super sensitive skin. I ended up replacing them with super thin, shorter aftermarket pads. :eek: My reasoning is that if they pass testing with those ridiculous pads that the seat came with, then these are fine.

(Just to cover the bases, adding aftermarket products to your car seat is generally not recommended because these products were not tested with your seat. I've made the parental decision as a mom and CPST to replace them for my child. I am not advocating that anyone else do this).

ADS

fyrfightermomma

The YS ones are thinner and shorter. You could ask if they are interchangeable. But they still are bigger than what most are used to. It's extremely nice for older kids, but yeah, with babies not so much.

I really don't blame you.. those recaro pads are nuts.. I have a friend who is very car seat safe but has some aftermarket pads for a similar reason..

you could always look into making some out of flannel? I hear that works well to keep the straps from rubbing.. maybe some mamas know how to here.. It is thin so it is safer I know.

Mommy0608

Thanks for the replies. I'm okay with what I'm using, I personally feel they are safe. I just wondered if I could get some that are actually made by Recaro that would work better. It not, I'll stick with the ones I'm using, since they really are thin and the length is fine for Tyler (doesn't interfere with proper chest clip placement).

Maybe the YS covers are still too long, I don't know. It's hard to tell in the pics how they compare to the Signo's. I don't get why they'd put those huge covers on a seat made to fit babies. :rolleyes:

fyrfightermomma

Thanks for the replies. I'm okay with what I'm using, I personally feel they are safe. I just wondered if I could get some that are actually made by Recaro that would work better. It not, I'll stick with the ones I'm using, since they really are thin and the length is fine for Tyler (doesn't interfere with proper chest clip placement).

Maybe the YS covers are still too long, I don't know. It's hard to tell in the pics how they compare to the Signo's. I don't get why they'd put those huge covers on a seat made to fit babies. :rolleyes:

And then make the ones on the "big kid" seat shorter! Don't you think it'd make more sense to have the longer ones on the YS and the shorter ones on a convertible? I'm baffled. I'll go out an measure mine quick. Hang on

Mommy0608

Thank you so much for measuring for me. :) I'll compare that measurement to the length of the covers I'm using now. If they're not much longer, I'll see if I can get some from Recaro... if he can't use them now, he will be able to later on.

Yes it seems totally backwards to put the bigger covers on the seat for babies. I'm curious about their logic behind that.

marjen

The strap covers on the new G2 seats are much better. I took the covers off my old Signo straps because they were obnoxious. The ones on my new G2 are much thinner and more flexible. They don't have velcro closures like the old ones. So maybe they could send you some of those?

Spam

Yep, the new ones have thinner shorter straps :) And the pillows on the como are smaller.

Mommy0608

Good to know. :thumbsup: I wonder if they'd charge me for a new set of harness covers? I'd be willing to return the old ones in exchange, I'll never use them. Guess I'll contact them and see what they say. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC