Monterey vs Parkway SG

scoutingbear

Okay...one more time. Or link me to a recent thread please.

I am starting to look at getting A a dedicated booster. Right now he rides in GN harnessed in dh's and my cars and has not complained at all. I do need something that is easy to use when a friend picks him up from school or when my mom watches him. My mom is unable to install a car seat correctly...she can, however, use his turbo. He does have a turbo to use at my mom's house, but being that is the cheapest of his seats, I would replace that one with the upgraded booster and keep his turbo for carpooling since he knows to check to make sure the sea tbelt is "in the red zone".

Give me the advantages and disadvantages to both. He is a rather tall creature, just turned 5 /12 years, skinny no meat on his bones event the he eats constantly thing. Stats are in my siggy. I'd also like something that I might be able to get 3 across the seat in my Highlander (while using the Radian and maybe a GN) so I don't always have to resort to pulling up the 3rd row for karate car pool.

I will check his fit in the GN too to see how it fares as a booster...but that thing is so heavy!

ADS

firemomof3

The Parkway will fit a skinny kid better than the Monterey. Especially for 3 across, the Monterey is very wide! I would go with the Parkway :thumbsup:

mommaon112903

Josef is 10lbs skinner than your A, and fits into the Monterey beautifully :) He does however have broader shoulders than most children his size, so that aides in how well the shoulder belt fits him.

He has an old-style Parkway in my car, which is a MUCH slimmer seat than the Monterey, but it still fits him great :)

If you ask Josef which he prefers, "the blue one because it is softer" :rolleyes:

For a potential 3-across the SG would be the better choice :thumbsup: But of course it ALL depends on which one fits YOUR child better ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC