Question Where to buy a 30+ pound infant seat?

triscuitsmom

I'm looking to pick up an infant seat for flying and taking the train with our two boys. We just did a trip this weekend with the two of them and their seats and it was not fun at all with two convertibles. We've tried taking a TrueFit and a Radian and two Radians and the TrueFit is really awkward for storing (on a train) because of size/shape and the Radians are heavy :thumbsdown: (Don't get me wrong, I looooove both seats, but for travelling on trains with taking cabs and walking involved they are a pain)

We are going to be taking two long trips, one to the US (CT) and one to BC before the end of the year. I think we're going to pick up an infant seat for the baby just for convenience and take a convertible as well for our almost 3 year old. It has to be a 30/32 pound seat because he is at not quite 7 months already 23.5 pounds, so over the limit for the other seats on the market.

I know my two options are the SafeSeat and the Snugride 32. Where are the best options for buying them? In fact if you could tell me of any stores you know of to purchase them that would be great so I could compare patterns. Right now I know that one pattern is on sale at DBB but I want to weigh my options (and decide whether my love for French Roast/Zurich in the green/brown is worth the extra money LOL).

Suggestions of where to buy would be great! Since shipping will be a factor unless I pick it up at Toys R Us (they have the Reuben pattern here) or Sears (although they didn't carry any of them instock when I was there last time so I'd have to check what they could get in, but I know I can get free shipping to the store through the catalogue) or possibly Zellers (do they carry Graco infant seats?) I'll also mention I'm in Ontario in case that makes a difference (though I will order from whereever, I'm not picky) :thumbsup:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
French Roast pattern has been discontinued - it was a BRU/TRU exclusive and the stock is gone.

Costco.ca sometimes has the SS1 in stock but I just checked and they only have travel systems right now.

Some Zeller's have the SS1/SR32, but I think most of them don't. Sears, BRU/TRU and baby boutiques are likely going to be your best bets. I think Zurich is only available at boutiques, and IIRC it has the gracopedic foam which tends to eat some of the height growing room away - how long in the body is your ds?

Your other option might be something like a scenera - they're usually around $70 or so at wal-mart. Not a super cushy seat, but is very light weight and aside from not being as easy to carry as an infant only seat, it's still relatively small. Plus if you look for a 2009 date of manufacture you'd get a 35lb rf'ing limit. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC