MA harness arrived & I shipped the DC!

SPJ&E

So the new harness for my Marathon FINALLY got here! On the 19th, they said they would send it out and it would be 3-5 days before it got here. On the 27th, I called them to see if it had been sent out and it hadn't...they said it was being send out that day. It finally got here today...I haven't put it on yet though.

I'm glad it got here! I can't stand using anything but my Britax's now (I am totally in love with the rear-facing tether, lol), so it's been driving me nuts using the Sceneras!! I never understood before, when people would say "Once you use a Britax, you can't go back"...well I completely, 100% understand now! Nothing compares to a Britax...it's just that simple.

The Decathlon, I shipped out today for them to check it and replace it or whatever they decide to do. I hope they decide to replace it and I'm going to ask them if they'll replace it with a Marathon...I doubt it, but I really hope they will!

If not, I may ask if they'll just give me a refund. I read on the website that they do returns if there is something wrong with the seat, as long as you have the receipt for it and you got it from an authorized retailer. Am I mistaken? If they would just give me a refund, that would be fine too...I could just buy a Marathon.

How long do you think it will take for them to call me and let me know something about the Decathlon? How does that work...if anyone knows?

ADS

Splash

When I shipped back my Roundabout for repair I had a new Roundabout within two weeks. But they never called me, they just shipped it. I don't think they actually call.

SPJ&E

They don't call to ask what cover you want? I know the cover that's on mine now is discontinued, so they would have to send a different one.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
They seem to give new covers to some and the old covers to others. I can't quite figure out how they decide who gets a new cover and who doesn't.

A friend of mine had the Arctic Cat cover on her Marathon when the base broke. She sent the seat to Britax and they sent her back a new seat-- with a new cover (Houndstooth? I think that is the name...) and her old cover in a bag. She got REALLY lucky!!!! That is like getting a free spare cover!!!!

mamato2

When I recently sent a WIZ back they DID call to tell me they were not going to fix it but replace it. They did ask what cover (I was very supprised, I had hoped, but not counted on it). Since basically I had to wait for a new seat to be made (wow, how neat is that?) I got one with a cover with a new pattern. I must say I am very pleased with how it all turned out. I guess I 'lucked out'.
C.
ps If they call it couldn't hurt to ask for a MA. It IS a cheaper seat (although they might have to follow some policy that wouldn't allow them to substitute). It's worth a try :) .
C.

SPJ&E

I'm definitely going to ask if they'll replace it with a Marathon. That was my reasoning too...since it's a less expensive seat anyway, it's not like they'd really be losing any money...if anything, they'd be "cheating" me, lol. The only reason I could imagine they wouldn't do it would be what you said...company policy that they have to replace it with the same seat. We'll see, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Patriot, that is great that your friend got a new cover AND her old cover! I would be fine with whatever, to be honest...as long as it's not girly and as long as the harness adjusts!

SPJ&E

I got the Marathon harness switched out. It wasn't hard at all! It just took me a minute to figure out how to get the crotch pad back on, lol. It wouldn't go over the buckle...I tried and tried and was thinking "How in the world!?" and then it occurred to me...take the crotch buckle out and put it through the pad...DUH! So I got it back on and got it back in the car, which I am ecstatic about! I missed it, lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC