Question Two RF in a Mazda3??

U

Unregistered

Hi There

We have a Mazda3 sedan (2007) with an Evenflo Triumph (advance? not sure) RFing behind the passenger seat. DD is 11 months and I just took out the pool noodle to make it more upright.

There is enough leg room for the passenger now (not before at a 45 degree angle), but we are wondering what to do as we are expecting. Our old infant seat (safety first) was way too big - passenger seat was unusable

I don't want to turn DD FFing until the 30lb limit on the evenflo (she's 21lbs now) and I doubt she will be there by the time the new baby comes.

We basically need either an infant seat that is really really tiny. What's the smallest one on the market? Longevity isn't the biggest deal because when the baby outgrows the bucket DD will be big enough to FF.

Getting a new car isn't an option either. We're in Canada.

Thanks!

LK

ADS

mommycat

Way to go keeping you DD RF!

This should bump your thread and hopefully you can get some answers if you didn't start a new thread already. Just a pointer to make sure that the infant seat you chose states you can leave the handle up in the car, some need it down and that takes up more room. I like Grcao seats but not sure how they compare for size.

I highly doubt you DD will be 30 lbs by the time your baby outgrows the bucket, especially if you get a 22 lb bucket as opposed to the slightly larger 30 or 32 lb Graco SafeSeat or SnugRide32. They gain a lot more slowly after the first year. (For example my older was about 24lbs at 1 year and only weighed 30lbs sometime around 3yo or over. Finally at 4.5 he has gone over 35lbs).

Hope you get some other input. A member here has a Mazda3, maybe she would have some ideas. I think it's Defrost?

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the bump!

I was thinking I would try and get a little bucket for the new baby. I didn't know there were models that you can leave the handle up with and that certainly would help.

I also doubt that DD will be 30lbs by even 2 years old, so hopefully someone has sucessfully RFed 2 in my car!

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC