Look what Joyjoy did!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yayyy, she wrote her name! Woohooo, a budding writer, that's great! My kids love doodle pads and also Aquadoodles. :)

lovinwaves

OH MY GOSH Rebekah, that is incredible!! Peyton wouldn't even begin to do something like that!!
Thanks for sharing!! :)

Lara

Good Job Joyjoy!

My dd can get the "m" in Kamryn, but thats it. She is more into smiley faces:rolleyes: (but she can't draw them herself.... all I hear when she has her coloring stuff out is "mommy draw me a smiley face, pleeeease")

skaterbabs

So I didn't imagine it? lol She drew a portrait of herself, me and one of her brothers on the bedroom wall a few weeks ago....

Last edited:

Tara

It sure looks like "Joy" to me :) Way to go JoyJoy

My poor Doodles...it could be a while til she writes her name LOL
right now she's into smiley faces as well..and Cs and is perfecting her people, too. Thankfully not on walls LOL (that would be my other children *rolling eyes*)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
how exiting, abby has been writing her name about a year but when she started it was ybba (with the 'b' more like 'd') and now it's with Abby but the b's are colored in like dots. LOL

skaterbabs

I'm amazed, it's not exactly a typical skill for a just-turned-3 yo! Now, if she writes out the whole thing, then I'll faint, but she can't spell it yet, so we're ok. lol

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I clearly saw Joy. I teach Kindergarten--so I'm very accostmed to reading children's writing.

Susan

skaterbabs

Thanks, Susan. :) CJ was *in* K before he could write his name, Gregory was 4 1/2. lol

What's really funny is that it was completely unprompted. She brought it to me finished.

Simplysomething

Go Joy-Joy!

C. would NOT write his full name before school started last year. I could get the first 4 letters out of him, MAYBE. But he's got a long name (and he does NOT go by a nn). lol.
I am always amazed when little ones can write their names. I don't know why, I just am.

So, WTG little girl!

(C. FINALLY has semi-legible handwriting, that is, so long as he's writing something for something OTHER than school. @@. lol)

skaterbabs

Gregory has horrible handwriting, but draws very well. So while he does have some motor delays, he has the ability to write.

I don't expect Joyjoy to be able to write her proper name for a good long time - luckily she has an extra year to learn it. lol Rhiannon-Joy will take some time. ;)

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Wow! She's an artist! That family portrait is really good for a 3 yr old. The name writing is very impressive too, but I just love the family portrait! :)

skaterbabs

I thought so too! One of Cam's brothers is an artist (in fact my Christmas gift from him this year was a pencil portrait of Joyjoy.) I guess she gets it from him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC