new Parkway or Monterey or ?

Melanie

I thinking of starting to booster train DD2. Maybe she'll get one for Christmas. She'll be 5 in March, currently 40 lbs. tall and skinny. For reference, she's currently in a Frontier (harnessed) and the straps are in the second to highest setting and are just a bit over her shoulders. Neither of our vehicles have side airbags.

I like the idea of a latchable booster. I also like the idea of the crotch strap. Also, I dislike the feel of the material in the middle of the Onyx covers. Any news that there will be new plush Parkway covers coming?

ADS

mommaon112903

Josef will be six in Novemeber and rides in both a SK Monterey and an old-style Parkway. We :love: them both, he will most likely last longer in the Monterey since it is wider than the Parkway but the Parkway "hugs" him so nicely at just 41lbs.

Josef prefers the Parkway over the Monterey, why because it is blue :rolleyes: But the VERY first thing he asked was "Momma, where are the cupholders?" Who would have ever thought cupholders would be so important :p

If I had not found such a great deal (thanks to swap :D) on the Parkway we would have gotten another Monterey for Josef in my car. We :love: it but also :love: the Parkway and I always wanted an old-style Parkway, so when it came up on swap and I finally had some money, it was mine :evil grin:

Most often though a child of that size will fit better in the Parkway because it is skinner, Josef has broader shoulders which aides in the shoulder portion of the belt fitting so nicely in the Monterey.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC