Parkway SG First Thoughts Added Pics

dhardawa

The Parkway SG came today. I haven't had a chance to use it in the car since Emily is at school, but I do have a few first impressions. The biggest issue I have is "Made in China". When did Britax stop producing seats in the US? Also, I don't see how this seat will help with three across. It is still wide, but I hesitate to say it is wide enough for a 120 lb child. Padding seems nice. The headwings are pretty much the same as on the old Parkway. The slide guard feature is adjustable which is nice. I'll be interested to see how easy it is to use.

Here are pictures I took comparing the SG to the old Parkway. I also noticed the manual was stuck in a slot on the bottom of the seat and not attached like other Britax seats.

In the lowest setting, the SG is a bit taller than the Parkway.

Parkway1.jpg

Fully extended, the SG is a bit taller than the Parkway.

Parkway25.jpg

Comparison from the side. The SG is a bit narrower than the Parkway.

Parkway3.jpg

From the top, the SG and Parkway are identical widths.

Parkway4.jpg

Picture of the SG mechanism and the "Made in China".

Parkway5.jpg

Emily's Review

She thought it was uncomfortable. She really didn't like the slide guard because the way the webbing is on it, it pushes her inner thighs into and upside down "V" shape. It is definitely taller than the standard Parkway. Emily was in the second notch in these pictures. She probably could have used just one notch up. On the regular Parkway, she is on about number four.

EmilyParkwaySG-2.jpg

EmilyParkwaySG-1.jpg

I'm very hesitant about posting this photo so I may take it down, but here you can see how the slide guard pressed on her inner thighs.

EmilyParkwaySG-3.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

SGTex

Thanks for the pics Dana. Now you need to get Emily to do some comp pictures in it for us! Pretty please! :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think just a few are MIC, like the PW's and Chaperone? Most are still made here

Great pics, I don't know how I'm resisting buying one for Bitsy this long!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC