Oh goodie, I get a new seat, which one?

Splash

I'm sending back my SS1. I would like to have used it another month or so, but AJ is fine with moving him to a convertible at this time.

Here is what we have, sans SS1-
Graco Nautilus (Charlie's seat in AJ's car)
Britax Boulevard (currently not being used)
Britax Marathon (Charlie's seat in my car)
Combi Cocorro (Sam's seat in my car)

We had intended to move Sam into the BV and still can do that, no problem. But I know someone who might want to buy my BV, and even if I keep it I still need a spare seat.

If I sell the BV, I'll move the MA into the van for Sam and get Charlie an XT and Charlie, quite frankly, will have to deal with it. This, of course, requires making Charlie sad, which I don't want to do. My other option if I sell the BV is to buy another tech BV or MA, which is a pretty good deal. Or, I keep the BV for Sam, and I need another spare seat.

I was leaning heavily to a RNXT as my spare, even though it doesn't really install well in the van and AJ doesn't care for it. But it's small, and will work great in my dad's car, and could be used RF if we really had to. My original plan was to keep the SS1, which Sam would probably fit in for at least another 6-8 months, and after that get a GN as a spare and if he had to be FF for one ride, so be it. I never really liked that plan, and now it's dead in the water anyway.

So, for my spare seat (this assuming Sam's main seat is the BV), should I get-
Marathon
Boulevard
RNXT
AOE/EB3n1
Other

ADS

NannyMom

I vote for the MA. I think they are out of tech BVs.....I don't remember seeing them on the form.

Pixels

Does Charlie object to the headwings of the BV? I'm trying to understand why you'd give the BV to the rear facing child instead of the forward facing one. If he objects to the headwings of the BV, perhaps that is also a problem with the Radian XT, and a 65 or 80 would suit him better.

You've probably already thought of this and discarded it for some reason, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I know you have a thing for matching seats. Why not Marathon and Boulevard in the van, Nautilus and Cocorro in your car? Or vice versa. The Marathon and Boulevard might not have the same cover, but the overall seats are almost matching. Same basic shell, same install, etc.

Is the BV you currently have a tech one? You can't sell it. Doubly not cool if you immediately buy another tech BV or even a MA.

Can AJ install the Radian in the van if necessary? I wouldn't want a spare seat that the primary child care provider couldn't install in the primary vehicle.

Splash

Nah, it's not a tech BV, it's off the rack.

He doesn't mind the BV at all. Actually, it's what he's been riding in the past week. But to leave him in that in the van (with SAB and pretty far from the door), I'd have to give the MA to Sammy, which would mean moving Charlie into the GN in my car outboard (with no SAB and right against the door). In the MA, he can remain in the center of the vehicle, and in the XT he can remain in the center of the vehicle. I'm not willing to put the BV in my vehicle, but it doesn't really matter since he's in the middle. I thought of leaving him in the BV, but he really would prefer to have his GN back. He doesn't want the GN in my car, though, he wants his blue seat. I'm not gonna make him give up the MA until he has to. And I'm fine with having another MA as a spare... but then when Charlie outgrows it, I have *two* spare MAs. I suppose by then Sammy will have outgrown the Cocorro and would need the MA. Hmmm.... that could work. Maybe I'll do that.

AJ could install it FF with LATCH in her van, but that's about all I put my confidence level at.

Splash

Does that surprise you, at all?
I have a patient partner and an unlimited budget, car seats are perfect for me.

So how about a TF ARB and keep the BV as the spare, since it installs pretty effortlessly in almost all vehicles.

Wineaux

What about a Complete Air? Or is there an issue of getting seats to fit correctly in your various vehicles? I'm liking both the 40 lb weight limit, and their allowing the child to RF until the top of the head reaches the top of the shell, rather than an inch below it. That's a lot of extra RF time IMHO.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor

:yeahthat: LOL! No joke! I can usually stick it through those, and visualize the various options, but my brain simply turned off partway through. I think you're on your own here, and you will probably thoroughly enjoy the process. :D

Oh, my one thing to contribute: The tech BVs are definitely all gone. They have been taken off the form.

Splash

Yeah, I probably jumbled my thoughts too much. I tend to do that.

My options for Sam's primary seat are-
Boulevard
Marathon
TF ARB
Possibly CA but not likely

My options for a spare seat are
RN XT
MA
BV
Some manifestion of AOE

I'm leaning toward a TF ARB for Sam as primary and keeping the BV as a spare, since both kids still fit and it's so easy to use.

FLmom

I have no advice but can you please let me know the day you'll be doing your car seat shuffle lol???? I would really LOVE to try out the MA in my truck:love: I don't have much to offer in return lol, unless you wanted to play with the MR...but that's not on your list.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Yeah, I probably jumbled my thoughts too much. I tend to do that.

No, it wasn't that it was jumbled, it was just so many options and seats and seating positions all at once that my brain stopped processing them. As long as it makes sense to you, that's all that matters!

Splash

I have no advice but can you please let me know the day you'll be doing your car seat shuffle lol???? I would really LOVE to try out the MA in my truck:love: I don't have much to offer in return lol, unless you wanted to play with the MR...but that's not on your list.

Come on over anytime you want to try it out. I suppose I could play with your MR, but then I would have to put it back in your truck! Oh, but I guess I have to do that anyway if you're trying out the MA.
On second thought, I've moved and I no longer use car seats :p

FLmom

Come on over anytime you want to try it out. I suppose I could play with your MR, but then I would have to put it back in your truck! Oh, but I guess I have to do that anyway if you're trying out the MA.
On second thought, I've moved and I no longer use car seats :p

SWEET!!! I'll PM you:D

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I seem to recall a thread about betting how long it would take you to break down and buy a new seat....what seat was that again?

Thinking outside the box a bit,

how about putting Sammy in the BLVD in AJ's car and picking up an Oobr or a Start for a spare for Charlie?

Splash

Ahem, I am only getting a new one because my old one went naked. Otherwise it would be at least 3-4 more months before I'd be buying one.

I can get a MA for 125 or a CA for 191.25 plus 7% tax. And then still sell the BV which brings me to... what? I was ready to buy a CA tonight, but I'm not sure it's worth it. I plan on turning Sammy FF at 30 months, I'm sure he'll be under 35 pounds at that point.

Except AJ's after my Cocorro. Gotta fend her off!

Blondie87

Plus tax, so 201.64.

I have two BRU coupons- 10% off any car seat, 15% off any item. If I can stack them and use the 15 first, it brings it to 191.25.

We don't pay tax here... that's why I said $191.25. Dang though, I need some coupons! That's a good price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC