Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4pt harness?

Re: 4pt harness?

I think the Summit has that awful Dorel rule of not using the top headrest position with the harness. At least, my friend's Summit from a couple of years ago has that rule. It is not imprinted on the seat, but it is stated in the manual. So, it's top slots are really not much taller than a Scenera.

Maybe the newer Summits are better - at least I hope so!
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spokaneCPST View Post
    I think the Summit has that awful Dorel rule of not using the top headrest position with the harness. At least, my friend's Summit from a couple of years ago has that rule. It is not imprinted on the seat, but it is stated in the manual. So, it's top slots are really not much taller than a Scenera.

Maybe the newer Summits are better - at least I hope so!
    The last Summit I checked had that rule, but this one did not. I think they changed it.

If not, the second-to-top slots were still as high as the Chase-- significantly higher than the Scenera. But I read the whole manual and it said nothing about unusable top slots. I think it got a redesign. (Now, if only they'd redesign that AWFUL base!)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I had actually been looking at that one for a long time, until someone said you couldn't use the top slots. Unfortunately, I spent our money on a True Fit yesterday. Oh well, I'll figure something out next year.

Katie, momma to Kayleigh 5/9/2006 and Samantha 5/8/2012