Vent I'm whining about Britax

toothfairymama

When I first heard about the Britax Regent maybe a year and a half ago and decided I was going to get one, I fell in love with their convertibles, too, and decided I was going to be an all Britax mommy in the future. But now I wouldn't buy a Britax convertible because I must have a seat with the highest RF weight limit. And I just about had a heart attack when I saw the price of a Chaperone travel system-$530! From what I've gathered most people think the Keyfit 30 is the best infant seat and you can get a Chicco travel system for $300.

I don't know what I'm whining about though, it's not like I'm having another child anytime soon! Britax has plenty of time to put out a 40 pound (or higher!) RF seat. And if people really like the Chaperone travel system I might consider shelling out the extra money for one. But I'm still going to get a Regent for sure :)

ADS

oxeye

No need to be loyal to a brand, IMO. Get the seat that works best for your situation. For a long time for me, that was Britax, but not right now. I have 5 seats in cars right now and only one is Britax (will be 2 out of 6 once DS outgrows his Keyfit).

I haved used the Chaperone, but I do love my Keyfit30!!

cowgirlsmommy

I know what you mean. A few years ago after buying my daughter a Britax Marathon, I swore I would be loyal to them for life. I have a Britax Marathon, Boulevard, Frontier, and Regent. I wish the Frontier's harness could go as high as the Regent but other than that I love it and the Regent both. The covertibles were great back then but I'm due with another baby in March and at least at this point, it will not be a Britax child until the Frontier stage. I cannot justify the price of the travel system and since the convertibles do not have anything above a 35lb RF limit, I will not buy those either.

Splash

I've moved to having only one Britax in use, and it's in the secondary vehicle. I want to replace it with an XT, but my kid loves his MA.

I wouldn't buy a chaperone TS. The car seat is okay, but the stroller is nothing special. Chicco makes the best travel system, it's the only one where you're getting a great seat and a great stroller.

cowgirlsmommy

I've moved to having only one Britax in use, and it's in the secondary vehicle. I want to replace it with an XT, but my kid loves his MA.

I wouldn't buy a chaperone TS. The car seat is okay, but the stroller is nothing special. Chicco makes the best travel system, it's the only one where you're getting a great seat and a great stroller.

That's what I plan on getting. I've played with the Chicco system sooooo much in BRU. It's just so cool!

BekahD

If I had been looking at a travel system I would have gotten the Chicco one. Since I was only getting the carseat I went with the Chaperone because I preferred their style of low birth weight padding. It was really the only baby item I needed to buy this time around so I didn't mind spending the extra money. I really liked the Chicco seat though and I wouldn't have felt any less safe with my infant in it. It is a great seat.

dhardawa

My issue with the Chaperone isn't so much the cost as it is the reputation Britax has with strollers and what they want for the Chaperone stroller. I had a Vigour and it wasn't worth $50, let alone the $300 they wanted for it. I also had a Preview stroller that was about on par with a Graco. I have no reason to think the Chaperone stroller would be any different.

Peony

I'm a die hard Britax fan, I've owned, umm far too many for me to admit even here! I HATED the Companion with every once of my being,(the only Brtitax seat I didn't like either) I now own a Keyfit for my 3rd child and I'm in serious love. If Chicco made other seats then I might be jumping off the Britax wagon.....

mommaon112903

:duck: I would not buy a Regent for a 4yr old that has stats listed in your siggy. :twocents:

We have two Britax seats-one Regent, which at the time was the only seat that would be able to get my child to proper booster age. He is using the last slot of his Regent and has outgrown all other EH seats, minus maybe the FN (Frontier) and GN (Graco Nautilus) and if either one of those had been on the market we would have most likely bought the Frontier (we had a GN and ended up having a love/hate relationship with it). We now own a Britax Parkway (old-style) and :love: it.

There are so many other seats that last longer, have higher RF weights and offer more leg room, taller harness slots, fits newborns well and one other can be RF teathered. Britax is just not worth it to me in the world of convertibles :twocents:

APT

40# RF seats have been available for what, 2 months (okay, Radians technically produced longer, but only recently certified)? Give Britax time. The 40 pounders are great to discuss on here, but piratically, most people even on here won't go out and replace their current 35 pounders right away. You aren't even PG yet so why are you considering seats on the market today? What seats were most recommended a year ago vs. now have changed and will change a year from now. Safety advances are great! You should find solace picking the best seat at the time you need one, which is not now.

FWIW, 99% of the market won't RF to 30 pounds, let alone 40 pounds. Maybe Britax doesn't care about that part of the market.

Also, IMO brand loyalty (unless you work for a company or are otherwise compensated) is not wise for any product, from car seats, to cars, to appliances, to clothing. Almost every company makes a range of products for various parts of the market. Some better than others.

I have 2 Regents for my 4YO. She's about 43" tall, 38 pounds and has plenty of room before moving to the top slots. It has the highest slots on the market, about an inch more than NA/FN.

Last edited:

cowgirlsmommy

40# RF seats have been available for what, 2 months (okay, Radians technically produced longer, but only recently certified)? Give Britax time. The 40 pounders are great to discuss on here, but piratically, most people even on here won't go out and replace their current 35 pounders right away. You aren't even PG yet so why are you considering seats on the market today? What seats were most recommended a year ago vs. now have changed and will change a year from now. Safety advances are great! You should find solace picking the best seat at the time you need one, which is not now.

FWIW, 99% of the market won't RF to 30 pounds, let alone 40 pounds. Maybe Britax doesn't care about that part of the market.

Also, IMO brand loyalty (unless you work for a company or are otherwise compensated) is not wise for any product, from car seats, to cars, to appliances, to clothing. Almost every company makes a range of products for various parts of the market. Some better than others.

I have 2 Regents for my 4YO. She's about 43" tall, 38 pounds and has plenty of room before moving to the top slots. It has the highest slots on the market, about an inch more than NA/FN.

It gives little hope when Britax has been very honest in saying they had no plans to raise their RF weight limit.

cpsaddict

I am a diehard Britax fan, but even I hated the Companion and wouldn't pay $530 for a travel system. I am quite happy with my Safeseat/BOB Revolution combo. However, we will end up with three Britax convertibles by the time DD is a year. I love, love, love my Marathon and I am getting a Boulevard this week. The 35lb rf weight limit does not concern me, as my DD is average and that will get her rf to around three, which is fine with me.

toothfairymama

Because I WANT to be pregnant and I feed my baby craving by looking at baby gear :D

But yes, of course when the time comes I will choose the seat that I like best, whatever brand it should be.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
It's very difficult to get the covers to match if all the seats are different brands.

Yes, this bothers me. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC