Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Evenflo X Sport??

Anyone know anything about this stroller. I found one at Walmart on clearance for $20. Worth it for a backup stroller?

Thanks
    Mom to Will 12/18/03 - 58" 105 lbs - recently 5-stepped!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Evenflo X Sport??

I bought one last year for $50 at Baby Depot. I really like it for my 2 year old. I hate it for my 8 month old. I like that the shade can be adjusted to wherever the sun is.

For the Baby, I don't like that it doesn't have shoulder straps. BabyS likes to lean forward, trying to fall out

It doesn't recline, but that doesn't bother me at all for either kid. I think the wheels are a little nicer than on other cheapo umbrella strollers. Much more portable than my Chicco Cortina.

But for $20, I think it's great.

ETA- is it for your 5 year old in your siggy? He may be way too big. I couldn't imagine butting J in the stroller.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Carseat Crazy

Thanks for the input. It is for my 10 month nephew that I watch occasionally. I want a stroller to have around if needed.
    Mom to Will 12/18/03 - 58" 105 lbs - recently 5-stepped!

Have you ever put him in something w/o shoulder straps? I know in BabyS' travel swing and bouncy seat she leans forward to fall out. Same as she does in the stroller.

LOL, though I am tempted to make my own shoulder straps. All of a sudden I feel like the Dad using bungee cords on a carseat
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

I think I have the X Sport Plus. Same thing but with adjustable handlebar length. It's lightweight, easy to fold/unfold. It fits in both trunks (Civic and Grand Am, though it only fits the Grand Am if the handles are set shorter). Handles pretty well, IMO.

This past week DD learned to climb into the stroller all by herself. Problem is, she was climbing up the front and putting a foot or two into the storage basket. The storage basket isn't exactly designed to hold a 21 pound kid, but it held up all right. There's some signs of stress on it if I look closely enough, but it didn't rip out.

The front wheels come up onto the shade when it's folded. So now the shade has mud marks on it. It doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. It could have been avoided if I put a grocery bag over the two front wheels while folding it.

I do like that the shade can be put in any position. I didn't have that on my full-size stroller. I wish it had a 5-pt harness, because DD likes to lean forward and touch the front wheels. She's in no danger of falling out with the harness tightened reasonably (not even tight, just not super loose) but her finger nails sure get dirty and I'm worried that one of these days she'll get hurt doing it.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three