Evenflo X Sport??

ADS

NannyMom

I bought one last year for $50 at Baby Depot. I really like it for my 2 year old. I hate it for my 8 month old. I like that the shade can be adjusted to wherever the sun is.

For the Baby, I don't like that it doesn't have shoulder straps. BabyS likes to lean forward, trying to fall out :rolleyes:

It doesn't recline, but that doesn't bother me at all for either kid. I think the wheels are a little nicer than on other cheapo umbrella strollers. Much more portable than my Chicco Cortina.

But for $20, I think it's great.

ETA- is it for your 5 year old in your siggy? He may be way too big. I couldn't imagine butting J in the stroller.

NannyMom

Have you ever put him in something w/o shoulder straps? I know in BabyS' travel swing and bouncy seat she leans forward to fall out. Same as she does in the stroller.

LOL, though I am tempted to make my own shoulder straps. All of a sudden I feel like the Dad using bungee cords on a carseat :whistle:

Pixels

I think I have the X Sport Plus. Same thing but with adjustable handlebar length. It's lightweight, easy to fold/unfold. It fits in both trunks (Civic and Grand Am, though it only fits the Grand Am if the handles are set shorter). Handles pretty well, IMO.

This past week DD learned to climb into the stroller all by herself. Problem is, she was climbing up the front and putting a foot or two into the storage basket. The storage basket isn't exactly designed to hold a 21 pound kid, but it held up all right. There's some signs of stress on it if I look closely enough, but it didn't rip out.

The front wheels come up onto the shade when it's folded. So now the shade has mud marks on it. It doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. It could have been avoided if I put a grocery bag over the two front wheels while folding it.

I do like that the shade can be put in any position. I didn't have that on my full-size stroller. I wish it had a 5-pt harness, because DD likes to lean forward and touch the front wheels. She's in no danger of falling out with the harness tightened reasonably (not even tight, just not super loose) but her finger nails sure get dirty and I'm worried that one of these days she'll get hurt doing it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC