anyone's kid move from a My Ride to a Radian XT?

aisraeltax

ds3 is 3.8 yo. he is currently RF'ing in a My Ride, after outgrowing the BV (he is approximately 35 lbs. right now). He has been in the MR for about 6 weeks or so and though the idea of a new car seat drove him crazy, he very soon began to love it. Now, I want to get a Radian XT and put the MR in dads' car b/c honestly, i cant stand the MR. I don't like the straps..i dont like the cover, I don't like much about the seat.

but now Im reading the description of the Radian XT and im wondering.....has anyone put an older kid (he is not skinny but not big either...his thighs, however, are 13 inches around and im thinking that maybe he wont be as comfortable in the Radian XT.

btw, the reason i know his thigh width is because im knitting him a pair of pants.

any advice, opinion, woudl be welcome.

thanks,

ADS

fyrfightermomma

My oldest daughter went RFing in a a Radian XT at 3y7m and 41" tall but very skinny (24 lbs)

My younger one was in a My Ride until a month ago when she also went in a Radian XT. She was 2y4m. She is pretty chunky and has some good thighs going on :)

It fit both my super tall springbean and short chunky kids equally well and neither complained about the switch. I sure love the easy loading and low sides and being able to climb in now. I do however miss the cupholders. My youngest LOVED having her own cupholder like her big sister :(

Most kids transfer from seat to seat rather easily. Many of us change seats weekly or monthly :)

aisraeltax

thanks.
and can you pls. give me a link to the miracle you are hoping for? i am sure i missed some impt. car seat news. :)

zeo2ski

I have a My Ride which my DS rode in only once at 2 y 11 mos, 34 lbs and he has much less leg room in that than in the Radian XT, although more leg room than in the BLVD. Oh, I think I have a post with pics of all 3, let me look.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC