WOW! 2 YO RF in CS!

Mommy2Marcus

I have to say that I am very impressed here. My friend has a 2 year old & a CS. We talked today & I showed her the video about ERF & she decided to let me turn him back RF. He FIT with about 6 inches or maybe more above his head. Now let me add that he is teeny tiny! He weighs 25.6lbs fully dressed holding a sippy cup. However I have now decided that I absolutly HATE the CS. It is such a bear to install. However one little boy left my house safer tonight b/c of me.

I have been asking her for awhile to let me turn him back around & she has been saying she would think about it. However I finally got her over to the house tonight to show her the video & as soon as it was over she was convinced. However he does NOT deal well with change, so he fussed quite a little bit about it, but she said that he fell right to sleep without his head falling over. So she is feeling better about it. She is also getting ready to drive 5 hours on Friday, so he will be MUCh safer & MUCH more comfortable for the trip. Just hope he gets used to it soon. I told her to go buy him a mirror so he can see himself & her.

Another wierd thing, but I decided to try Marcus in it. He fit still RF, but with maybe an 1/2 inch to grow.....if that. However he DID fit. Sorry I didn't get pics of either of them in it. Maybe soon!

ADS

susanx4

i have a CS in my basement that is about to expire... my 27 lb dd could still RF with 3 inches to go maybe? i haven't used it in a long time but i put her in it just to see a few weeks ago... so i could see her making the 30lb limit on it rf... BUT she is also even with the top slots so she would have out grown it FF maybe before rf?? lol i rememeber loving the CS when i got it 6 yrs ago, it was sooo much nicer then the alpha omega that my dd2 was in at the time!

Misty-Bug

that is great that you got her to turn him back around! I wish my neighbour would have listened to me because her kid is little like that too.

You did teach her how to install it right? I usually would install a seat while explaining then get the parent to redo it. If it was a bear for you to install with your experience I would hope that she will be able to install it.

Mommy2Marcus

that is great that you got her to turn him back around! I wish my neighbour would have listened to me because her kid is little like that too.

You did teach her how to install it right? I usually would install a seat while explaining then get the parent to redo it. If it was a bear for you to install with your experience I would hope that she will be able to install it.

Yes, I did teach her how to install it. I also taught her a couple of months ago how to install it FF before I got her to turn him back around. Before his seat was VERY loosly installed with the straps below his shoulders for FF. When she came over yesterday when we went out to reinstall it, it had a little wiggle room, but not more than 1 inch. So.....She did pretty good.

ETA: She called me when she got home last night & RAVED about how much more comfortable he looked when he fell asleep on the way home. She said that his head did not fall forward, he had a place to prop his feet & that he feel right asleep pretty much as soon as she pulled out of the driveway & started going down the road! She said that she was much happier with him RF than she was with him FF. And now that she knows WHY I am so crazy about it that he will stay RF for awhile.

LuvMyGirls

I loved my ComfortSports for rear-facing. I had one in dh's truck and one in my sitter's vehicle. I found them to be fairly easy to install and very comfy looking for my little one. Meredith was able to use them rear-facing to the 30lb weight limit at 38 mths and still had about 3" above her head to go. She was almost even with the top slots, so she wouldn't have been able to use it much longer if I had turned her. She was 50th percentile for height at her 3 yr check up.

Shaunam

I tried DS in a CS for fun a few weeks ago and it's really not THAT short of a seat. The top slots are low, yes, but the shell is decent. Almost as tall as the scenera. I still won't recommend it over the scenera or avenue, but if someone already has it, meh....they should still be able to rf to at least 2 or so. I'm sure most kids could fit in it rf'ing longer than they could ff'ing.

Mommy2Marcus

I tried DS in a CS for fun a few weeks ago and it's really not THAT short of a seat. The top slots are low, yes, but the shell is decent. Almost as tall as the scenera. I still won't recommend it over the scenera or avenue, but if someone already has it, meh....they should still be able to rf to at least 2 or so. I'm sure most kids could fit in it rf'ing longer than they could ff'ing.

Yes, I agree with this. I think that the shell is decent, exspecially for a short top harness slot seat. I sat Marcus in it & he fit RF with about 1/2-1" left to grow before fully outgrowing it. However I think he would be over the top slots for FF. That is so weird for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC