My cousin ordered a Marathon!

SPJ&E

My cousin has a 4-month old (almost 5 months), who is about 19 lbs. and around 26 in. tall...a BIG boy! Her Snugride only goes to 20 lbs., so I've been onto her to order him a new seat. My family does not consist of carseat savvy people, lol...so my $219 Marathon baffled them...why would I spend so much on a carseat!?

So a couple months ago, I explained it to her...how the Marathon can be tethered rear-facing, which improves the stability in side-impacts and rollovers AND it harnesses to 65 lbs. AND it has a nice tall back, which is great for extened rear-facing and for larger kids. I told her that all the seats we have in stores around here only go to 40 lbs. in a harness and with Tyler (her son) being so big already, that might not get him to an appropriate age for a booster and he'd be safer in a 5 pt. harness.

I just have to say, thank god she actually listens to me! She had to take fertility drugs to get pregnant with him...she's wanted him for years...so when it comes to keeping him safe, she asks for my advice and listens to it!

When he was first born, she asked me to check his seat...which I did, and re-installed it correctly (needed a locking clip) and I also re-installed in when they got a new vehicle. She always says "You know a lot more about it than I do!" I also sent her the YouTube video about RF vs. FF, so hopefully she'll keep him rear-facing for as long as possible too! It's a great feeling to know that she trusts my advice when it comes to that!

So anyway, I called her a few minutes ago and she said she ordered a Marathon yesterday (online)! Wow, does that make me happy! She said they called her back though and said they didn't have the color she wanted, so she's been trying to call them back today to tell them a different one...hopefully she'll get through! I am excited...how weird is that!?

She has a Chevy Tahoe, so when I install it (I'm sure they'll try, which makes me cringe...I really hope they won't), I'll take pics of the install to add to my album.

I'm done now...just wanted to tell you all about my success, lol!

ADS

crystal vowell

Way to go.:) Don't you wish more people listened?A lady I work with bought a Marathon for her grandson and he is ff at 1 year.:( I don't get it why buy a marathon to ff and probably put him in a booster by age 3.He has a marathon in every car he rides in but his step brother has an Eddie Bauer Convertible what the f....... :mad:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My brother has a Tahoe and has a Marathon (was RF, now FF) in that car. It installs beautifully!!!

SPJ&E

My brother has a Tahoe and has a Marathon (was RF, now FF) in that car. It installs beautifully!!!

Awesome, I can't wait, lol! I know there's going to be plenty of room...that Tahoe is huge! Do you know if there is a place to tether it RF? I didn't think to look when I installed the Snugride!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am not sure about RF tethering... I can't remember if my brother even had it tethered RF!!! :) Hmmm..... I will call him and ask.

SPJ&E

She just called me and said they are giving her the All Star Blue for $229 because they were out of stock of the one she wanted! Awesome...I love that one! I am REALLY excited now!

That's the one I want to get with tax return money...2 of them. I had asked a while back if anyone had pictures so I could see the REAL color, as opposed to the color with all the studio lights in the online pics...no one did. Now I'll get to see it and know whether I like it or not!

Lara

I've seen it IRL. Its not as bright as the pictures. I think it has a little more grey in it than the pics.
(but keep in mind, its been about a months since I've seen it, so I could be totally wrong lol)

SPJ&E

lol, that's what I'm wondering about. I know the Park Avenue Boulevard looks A LOT different than it does on websites and so does the Odyssey (I think) Decathlon. I love the All Star Blue online, but I'm really glad I'm going to get to see one before I decide which one I'm getting! Right now, it's between the All Star Blue and the Couture Jonah...but I favor the All Star Blue and assuming I like it just as much in person, that's what I'm going with!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Do you know if there is a place to tether it RF? I didn't think to look when I installed the Snugride!

I tether rf in my '97 Suburban. I'm going to 'assume' there isn't any difference between the Suburban and Tahoe. So unless they changed the design, you should be able to tether to the seat belt stalk (if you are doing a center install). I can also tether driver side outboard...never checked passenger side as that's my access seat.

SPJ&E

Her Snugride is outboard, on the driver's side right now. I would prefer it in the middle, as he is the only child, so there's plenty of room. I think she just prefers it outboard because he's right there and easier to get out.

I'll talk to her about it, but we'll see!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, for tethering driver side, underneath the seat there is a bar that goes all the way across. I tether to that. The only thing they need to be aware of is if they move the seat, the tether will move with it, and they'll need to adjust the tether. If you don't want to tether there, you could tether to the driver side seat belt stalk.

SPJ&E

I'll try the driver's side seatbelt stalk first, since they don't know anything about carseats...I don't want them to mess with it at all if they decide to move the seat.

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC