Need 86y harness pictures with lap-shoulder belt

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have a picture of an 86Y harness being used with a lap-shoulder belt and locking clip??
I'm having a hard time visualizing where the shoulder belt piece goes after it's been secured with the locking clip.
Thanks!!!

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
For an upright child? Or a reclined/spica cast child?

I just did a Google image search for "86Y harness", and came up with lots of pictures of kids strapped in with the 86Y upright. I could probably find recumbent pictures with a little more digging. Sorry, that's probably a really obvious suggestion, but in several of the pictures, you can see exactly where the belts are going.

ETA: If Defrost sees this, maybe she would be kind enough to repost the pictures she took when they put an 86Y in their Mazda. Her post about it is here, sans pictures: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=19056

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Uh, I thought the 86-Y was only for upright use-- you have to have a different vest for reclined use, don't you?

You're right, I'm thinking of the 101M2 used for prone passengers. They need to come up with cute names for these things instead of just numbers and letters, so I can actually remember which is which!

Thanks for catching that!

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Ahhh yes, under the arm-rest of the booster! Duh, me!
One of those things I couldn't picture until someone told me. Thanks!!!

(Great pics Defrost!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC