WARNING- GRAPHIC New Texting While Driving PSA

Evolily

Warning- very graphic (I apologize if this has already been posted, I searched but didn't find it)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk"]YouTube - Texting While Driving PSA[/ame]

ADS

Girly_Qs

Car and Driver ran a 'test' (closed track) they did last month - texting while driving is as bad as driving DRUNK . . . except it's socially acceptable. :(

beebear23

Senior Community Member
My ex-sil texts & drives all the time. :( It really ticks me off, especially when she did it with me and her kids in the car. I should have asked to change cars, but I didn't. I could have rode w/someone else.

MomToEliEm

Do you think this video might be too intense to post on facebook? I think the message is good and might convince some to stop texting, though it is very graphic and might upset some. I might post it later if everyone thinks it is appropriate for facebook.

Car and Driver ran a 'test' (closed track) they did last month - texting while driving is as bad as driving DRUNK . . . except it's socially acceptable. :(

Actually, it's worse than driving drunk. For one tester, like seriously worse.

lovinwaves

Do you think this video might be too intense to post on facebook? I think the message is good and might convince some to stop texting, though it is very graphic and might upset some. I might post it later if everyone thinks it is appropriate for facebook.

I put a warning on my, but it is reality, yk?

ETA: Within a few minutes, already 3 of my friends on facebook have reposted it.

kaysmom

I put a warning on my, but it is reality, yk?

I agree, this is happening all over the country (world really) and everyday... I think everyone who drives and has a cell phone should have to watch it.:twocents:

(Says the person who almost got run off the road this am by a teenage girl texting and eating McDonalds and driving- though I think she was paying the least amount of attention to the last one)

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Absolutely heart-breaking. And a message that must get out to people. I am shocked at the number of people who not only text while driving, but admit it like it's a cute little guilty pleasure that everyone should tee-hee and tsk-tsk about. This PSA could save lives.

Mommy0608

That's a great video! Thanks for sharing. :) I'm still trying to decide if I want to post it on my FB.. maybe with a graphic warning.

My sister does it all the time! She did it with me in the car heading up north last weekend. I told her not to, but she wouldn't stop... I was sitting in the back, and when I peeked over the seat to the speedometer, I saw that she was doing around 90mph! I cinched my seatbelt as tight as possible and closed my eyes.

So many people think it'll never happen to them... and then it does, and they learn the hard way. :(

Shanora

I just posted it....and with out the warning.....

I can tell you, its made me think twice, and I will NO LONGER be texting and driving. I'm pretty sure its was the baby's eyes that struck the point home with me......

I just posted it....and with out the warning.....

I can tell you, its made me think twice, and I will NO LONGER be texting and driving. I'm pretty sure its was the baby's eyes that struck the point home with me......

That is what made me think too. I always tell myself, "Well, I only do it when it is just me in the car"! Duh, there is other people around me too. :-(

I am done. I just downgraded my text plan too, so I don't do it when I drive. No more unlimited for me.

cowgirlsmommy

:crying: Ok do not watch that if you're pregnant. I haven't used my cell phone hardly at all in the car lately. It's something I said I would cut back on. I'm going to post that video though on my Facebook and MySpace pages.

4boysmom

Posted it on FB and so far one response of 'I'll never text again', interestingly enough from a girl who was in a pretty horrific crash when she was a Soph and me a Junior in HS. Her older sister was driving, unbelted passengers in an open jeep at a 2 way stop that she ran at 10pm (cause she figured there would be no traffic at that hour) and t boned someone in the non stopped way many passengers thrown from the vehicle. One person was killed and one permanently blinded from brain damage and the rest varying degrees of injury/hospitalization but hey even if it is just a temporary thing (cause obviously the accident hasn't made her a 100% reformed angel driver if she has been texting) it is whatever period of time this weighs on her mind that she will be a safer driver for herself an her kiddos. I of course pray it is a life long change though!

canadiangie

:thumbsup: That's a great PSA.

I don't even know how to text. How incredible is that! I rarely carry a cell phone and if I do, most of the time it's off. It's for emergency use only.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
<shudder> That's a very powerful video. I don't know how to use the text feature on my phone, either and haven't felt compelled to figure it out (when I'm not driving, of course).

Actually, it's worse than driving drunk. For one tester, like seriously worse.

:yeahthat: Here's the online video showing Car and Driver's comparison of driving and texting and driving while under the influence: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q3/texting_while_driving_how_dangerous_is_it_-video

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
Do they show these graphic PSAs on public television in Europe? I just couldn't imagine that this PSA or the seatbelt PSA would go over too well here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC