Can I get new SS1 stickers?

Splash

All the stickers are off my SS1. Oh how sad.
Can I get new stickers? The kid in the seat is only 9 months old, and we bought it brand new, ergo the stickers should not be falling off.
I need my stickers, especially since I'm only hanging on to this seat once he moves to the BV so I can have it for travel.

ADS

momtoirs

Graco told me I don't need the stickers on my Nautilus. Its all in the manuals. Now, I disagree with them, but I just haven't had time to figure out what to do about that. The one in my car we bought new a year ago in June and most of the stickers are off or will soon be.

Tina

Pixels

Is it still under warranty? The stickers are part of FMVSS 213, so an argument could be made that in order to honor their warranty, they need to replace the stickers. I would not expect them to replace the DOM/serial number sticker, though. Too much potential for you to pull a switcheroo with a different seat.

APmama2MAK

Wow I hope what pixels said is right, Ive been trying to get new stickers for my SS1 and havent been able to so far! They also started falling off for no apparent reason about 8 months after it was bought :(

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Is it still under warranty? The stickers are part of FMVSS 213, so an argument could be made that in order to honor their warranty, they need to replace the stickers. I would not expect them to replace the DOM/serial number sticker, though. Too much potential for you to pull a switcheroo with a different seat.

I agree, I think the stickering is very important to ensure proper use by all potential owners. 213 does require them on a new seat, so yes, I suppose an argument could be made that a seat under warranty would require them as well.

I would try emailing Graco and just see what they say initially. Maybe they can just mail you a new set. I'm curious about their response.

NannyMom

The sticker came off my SS1 base after only using it a few months. They told me they can not/ do not replace stickers. My seat was fine w/o it as it's all in the manual. I was going to push for a new base sicne they couldn't replace the stickers//// but I never got around to it.

swtgi1982

They should at least replace the one that states it is approved for use in aircraft since without it most airlines will not let you use it on board!

melniemi

One sticker went funny on my first KF base (from dd) and Chicco sent me a new base and let me keep the old one:thumbsup:

momtoirs

They should at least replace the one that states it is approved for use in aircraft since without it most airlines will not let you use it on board!

I specifically asked about that with our Nautilus. They told me they would just fax me a letter stating that it was okay. Ummmm, . . . not okay by me.

Splash

First they said they'd send me a manual, then a letter about FAA approval. I kept pushing, and supervisor Dean said he'd never heard of stickers coming off a seat and that they will refund retail price if I send it back. They're sending me a letter, but he wouldn't tell me about shipping. I asked about a shipping label and all he said is "there is no shipping label, the letter will tell you what to do." So am I to assume I have to eat the shipping? And where on earth to find a box to send it back in? I anticipated my next seat being a RNXT, I can't fit a SS1 in that box. I could always buy another MA, but why? Hmmm... maybe a CA, just wait for the next round of 15% coupons.

NannyMom

If it's under warranty they letter should also have a shipping label with it. If not, I'd call again.

Hmmmm.... maybe I should call about my stickers again.

MomE

Yep, my stickers are off my base and starting to fall off my seat. They were both used for just 6 months. Maybe I should call too. Then they can't say they've never heard of the stickers coming off, and maybe they'll do something to make stickers that stay on!

NannyMom

Yep, my stickers are off my base and starting to fall off my seat. They were both used for just 6 months. Maybe I should call too. Then they can't say they've never heard of the stickers coming off, and maybe they'll do something to make stickers that stay on!

They can say it all they want. THe Customer Service reps have heard of it...probably just haven't cared enough to pass the info on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC