Beco a torture device??

monstah

People put their infant seats on top of shopping carts. They leave 10 inches of slack in a car seat harness. They let their kids ride bikes without helmets and no one seems to bat an eyelash.
But, I guess seeing a 14 pound 2 month old frog legged in a Beco is quite alarming! :eek: :p

To everyone at Target - Her legs are supposed to be like that for now. :thumbsup:
And to everyone at the baseball game - No it doesn't hurt her. Can't you see she is seeping like a rock? :thumbsup:

LOL, I really did appreciate the concern everyone showed for the safety of my DD though. I wish more people would speak up more often!

And P.S. the Beco was super uncomfortable at first and I hated it. I almost traded it within the first two days. But, I kept using it and looked up some "tips & tricks" and I'm really starting to fall in love with it. I haven't used my Babyhawk in 3 weeks! :love:

ADS

mommycat

LOL I love how everyone is an expert as soon as you take baby out the door. What is it about kids' legs, anyway, that people are ALWAYS so concerned about them, whether in carseats or carriers or whatever?!

zactayaus

I just got an ergo sport last week and it's ok. My friend is thinking of selling her barely used beco to me (even though DH would kill me). She brought it over this morning and is letting me use it for a couple of days to see how I like it. Well I think I'm in love.:love: I find it so much easier to use and it's less bulky than my ergo. Gavin seems to like it better too. Now how do I get this past DH:whistle:?

seamonkeys

Yeah, that's funny. What about how poor babies look facing out in the Bjorn? I'll admit I used one with DS1 for about 10-11 mths. But when I see somebody using one facing out now, I feel so bad for the baby!

But now I'm wishing I could afford a Pikkolo because of Zactayaus' thread!!! :rolleyes: DD likes facing out, but can't really do that in the Ergo.

kaysmom

Now how do I get this past DH:whistle:?

Sell the Ergo;) That's one nice thing about carriers, they hold their value well. On a side note, I'm glad your finding on that you love!

And to the OP, yeah I totally feel your pain about people. I had K on my back at the street fair and she was sleeping, someone came up to me and said "oh no, look at that poor baby!!" And she grabbed her head:eek: (which was covered by the hood) like it was going to fall off or something. Yep, then we had one very very startled and screaming baby and one really mad mama.

cpsaddict

I just got an ergo sport last week and it's ok. My friend is thinking of selling her barely used beco to me (even though DH would kill me). She brought it over this morning and is letting me use it for a couple of days to see how I like it. Well I think I'm in love.:love: I find it so much easier to use and it's less bulky than my ergo. Gavin seems to like it better too. Now how do I get this past DH:whistle:?

Easy. Put your Ergo Sport in swap. It'll be gone in no time. :whistle:

Yes, I am enabling.

Just like the mom here "helped" me by showing me the Pikkolo. :whistle:

seamonkeys

I have been looking for an Ergo :whistle:

Does anyone have IRL pics of the Pikkolo? It looks pretty cool.

I keep looking at the pics on the web of the Pikkolo, which are pretty good. But I'd like to see somebody wearing it on the back with straps just around the arms, not crossing in the front. I have the organic Ergo, so maybe I wouldn't cost me that much to upgrade. :whistle:

Calideedle

I keep looking at the pics on the web of the Pikkolo, which are pretty good. But I'd like to see somebody wearing it on the back with straps just around the arms, not crossing in the front. I have the organic Ergo, so maybe I wouldn't cost me that much to upgrade. :whistle:

Yes! I think cpsaddict should chime in since she has one. ;)

ontariomama

I have a Pikkolo (sp??). I :love: it!! I had a Bjorn at first and it killed my shoulders and back when DS was 15 lbs... at 3 months!

I don't have any pics with it on, but I'll try and do it and post them for you tonight. It's actually not that bad to get him on my back. Definitely a practice near a bed thing to start... but then it's pretty good.

seamonkeys

I have a Pikkolo (sp??). I :love: it!! I had a Bjorn at first and it killed my shoulders and back when DS was 15 lbs... at 3 months!

I don't have any pics with it on, but I'll try and do it and post them for you tonight. It's actually not that bad to get him on my back. Definitely a practice near a bed thing to start... but then it's pretty good.
Yes, please do!! Yeah, I'm not concerned about getting on my back (I bought one when DS2 was 6 mths). I mainly just want to make sure that you can wear the straps like you do with the Ergo. They only show pics from the back and talk about crossing the straps across your chest - OUCH - that doesn't sound comfy!

ontariomama

Will do! And I don't wear it with the straps crossed over my chest... I am definitely Not small in that area, and that would not do :)

I'll try to post them after DS is in bed (in about an hour or so)

zactayaus

I wore the beco tonight at dd's soccer practice. Someone came up to me and said "awww how old is your baby?'. I said he just turned 4 months. She said 'oh, wow, he likes that thing?' (meaning the beco). I was like 'yeah' he loves it. I mean duh he's sound asleep doesn't it look like he likes it.:confused:

ontariomama

Ok, here goes :) These aren't the greatest pics. They're hard to take by yourself :p

If you need better ones, I'll be out tomorrow using the Pikkolo and can get a friend to take some more pics.

The last pic is of a strap that I got with my Pikkolo to help support while wearing a back carry. It's like what are on heavy duty backpacks. You slide it on the straps and adjust for yourself. If I'm not making any sense, please let me know!

HTH

cpsaddict

I can take some, too. I have not worn it on my back, but I crossed the straps for a front carry and didn't like that at all, so I use the chest strap, like an Ergo, and it's awesome! Crossing the straps in back seemed to pll down on my shoulders and I tweaked my neck. I love carrying her facing out, but she falls asleep facing me, so if we are out during nap time, I turn her around. I am going to try the hip carry tonight, too. So far, I adore my Pikkolo. I also like that it fits in my diaper bag, since it has an unstructured waist.

seamonkeys

Ok, here goes :) These aren't the greatest pics. They're hard to take by yourself :p

If you need better ones, I'll be out tomorrow using the Pikkolo and can get a friend to take some more pics.

The last pic is of a strap that I got with my Pikkolo to help support while wearing a back carry. It's like what are on heavy duty backpacks. You slide it on the straps and adjust for yourself. If I'm not making any sense, please let me know!

HTH
Wendy, thanks for the pics! I didn't have time to post when I looked the 1st time. It looks like it's sitting high on your waist. Is that how it's supposed to sit, or just comfortable for you that way?

I can take some, too. I have not worn it on my back, but I crossed the straps for a front carry and didn't like that at all, so I use the chest strap, like an Ergo, and it's awesome! Crossing the straps in back seemed to pll down on my shoulders and I tweaked my neck. I love carrying her facing out, but she falls asleep facing me, so if we are out during nap time, I turn her around. I am going to try the hip carry tonight, too. So far, I adore my Pikkolo. I also like that it fits in my diaper bag, since it has an unstructured waist.
Really? I was hoping it would be more comfortable doing the cross straps in the back. Mmmmm. So hard to decide whether to switch to this from my Ergo.:rolleyes:

Calideedle

Is there a *hip* strap for just the high waist strap like in Wendys 2nd pic? I think the strap so high wouldn't be cozy.

ETA: Ignore my post, just saw the post above with the same question. lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC