Question Double Jogging Stroller Question.

chris42503

I am looking at 3 double joggers and would like some feedback as to what others think of each. I also need to be sure the one I choose will easily fit in the trunk of a small sedan when folded. Also, the stroller is not going to be used for any real jogging, i just like the nice ride and easy push. Here are the options i'm looking at -
Baby Jogger City Classic Double
Bob 12" AW Double
Mt Buggy Urban Double

Thanks for the help!!

ADS

firemomof3

I used to own a baby jogger city series double and really liked it. It maneuvers great, is just perfect for either the mall or the fairgrounds. But its cumbersome to fold and takes up a lot of space. Also, the seating area under the great sun canopy is taller vs the BOB revolution.
Anyway, I now have a BOB revolution double which I like better. It folds easier and its lighter than the BJCS.

Peony

I love my BOB, the reason I went with that one over some of the other double joggers is the sunshade. I absolutely love how large it is. I don't know about fitting it in a small car, I have a Suburban so can't help you there!

MySillyKids

BJCMD fold:

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

You can easily take off the wheels. its a 7 inch high fold when the wheels are off. There's a pic on here of me holding a tape measure to it, but um, i can't find it on my photobucket.

It fits into the back of my DH's Acura RDX with no issues, and the back of my moms 2 door coupe, she's got a Honda Accord.

chris42503

I appreciate the pics but this is the City mini. I am looking at the city classic with the 12" inflatable tires. Maybe I just need the city mini as we do not actually want it for jogging. We just thought the bigger inflatable tires would give a better ride and be easier to push and steer and could go through grass and gravel if needed.

lovinwaves

Chris, what is going to be the primary use of the stroller? Give me a little input into your life.

BABY JOGGER:

I think you would definitely enjoy the air tires on the Classic, but I'm not sure how happy you will be having to put it in your trunk everytime :( You may also have to take the wheels off when doing so.

I am trying to remember, but someone bought my Double Classic locally, and they had a very small sedan. The stroller FIT, but I can't remember if they had to take the wheels off or not. In any case, the stroller, although it has a quick and easy fold, it would be heavy and cumbersome trying to put in the back of a small trunk.

The good thing about the Mini is that does have larger wheels which can do some offroad, ice, and snow. It is built on the same frame as the classic, but much much easier to shop with. Baby Jogger has been known for making their strollers very balanced, and what I mean by that is that the stroller is extremely easy to push and turn side to side. Even though the Mini has plastic wheels you aren't going to really be wrangling with it as much as other plastic wheeled strollers.

If your primary use is going to be outside (zoos, outdoor events, walking in the neighborhood, trails, park, etc...), and you will be occassionally shopping, then you will be fine with Baby Jogger Classic. If you primarily go shopping, stay on concrete, and occassionally go to outdoor events, or walk in the neighborhood, then the Mini will fit the bill, AND will be much easier for you to fold (read: lightweight compared to the Classic) and put in the back of your sedan.

Really, the only main difference between those two strollers is that the Classic has 12inch air tires.

chris42503

Basically its not going to be used for any real jogging. I just want a "do everything " type stroller for walks and shopping trips and doctor trips,ect...

I was really just looking at the joggers because I love how the air filled tires give such a good ride and handle so well.

Currently I have a baby trend snap and go which is great now, but will be no use in a few more months. We also purchased a Graco Tour Duo Quattro but never really used it. I put it together and it was so much trouble to get 2 infant carries into. Also it was as long as a bus!! I took it back apart and boxed it up and tried to return it. Turns out the store wouldn't take it, I need to get it on CL.

lovinwaves

None of those 3 strollers are for jogging, well the BOB can be used for light jogging, but that's it.

The term "all-terrain" is what you are wanting. That is totally different than a jogging stroller.

I think you would be fine with the Mini. It pushes awesome. Do you have a local place where you can push one?

Do you have any issues with lifting a heavy stroller into your trunk, and possibly having to take two wheels off each and everytime?

Where you shop...is it open? Or crammed?

chris42503

Also, if the wheels have to come off I'm considering that a non fit and am not interested. Having 2 is already a lot, don't want to have to assemble the stroller each time we use it :)

chris42503

I was so set on having air filled tires but maybe I need to find a Mini and actually push it and see how it is, it does sound like it might fit us better. I was just set on having the All terrains stroller!!

jnamommy

Chris -

I also wanted the double Classic - those air tires were really calling my name!!! BUt I found one locally and tested it out. It does drive great, and folds easily, but would be a PITA to pick up and load into my vehicle every time, esp with two kids, diaper bag and 100plus degrees! I decided that since it is for shopping, neighbohood walks, zoo, etc, and not trails and stuff, the Mini would fit the bill. I would rather be able to load it in my vehicle with out getting sweaty ands tressed than have air tires :twocents:

I just ordered my mini last night from Albee Baby, and used the 10off coupon code, so got $40 off.

lovinwaves

I was so set on having air filled tires but maybe I need to find a Mini and actually push it and see how it is, it does sound like it might fit us better. I was just set on having the All terrains stroller!!

Chris, what are your kids weights and age?

Not sure if this means anything to you :p but, I have bought and sold way too many strollers over the past few years. Mainly because I have an obsession, but I used to sell them new for a company as well. I always found myself unhappy with the strollers. That's why they never stayed in my posession very long. The Mini, however, has been with me since the day I bought it. This is, imo, the best double all around stroller. I honestly never see myself selling it. It will probably be passed down to my SIL or sister in the future. :)

chris42503

they are approx 3 months old now and weigh about 10lbs, they were preemies! I'm just ready to get out and take walks while the weather is nice. Our baby trend snap and go is great for going to doctor appointments, but it sticks for walks in the neighborhood and will be worthless once they outgrow their infant carriers.

lovinwaves

Ah, they are small then. The mini will be fine for you as far as ease of pushing for a LONG time. Then as they get older and heavier, and you find yourself wanting an easier pushing stroller, then an all-terrain stroller(air tires) will fit you better.

What kind of walkin are you wanting to do? Like exercise walking, or power walking? Or just taking some evening strolls here and there?

What is your neighborhoods sidewalks like? Are they older and full of cracks, and unsettled pavement?

The great thing about the Mini is that the front wheels will lock forward. That is good for long walks, and for if you need to take it in some light off-road terrain.

chris42503

we just do light walking, nothing too strenuous!! I was just hoping to get a nice stroller that would have a nice long life and could be used for everything, since they are so expensive. Our streets and sidewalks are all pretty new and smooth, but it would be nice to be able to go through grass if needed

Hi there Chris. I see that you are a mom of twins!? As a fellow mom of twins who needed something that pushed easily (very easily), fit the babies nice (although mine were on the older side, 12m when I was able to afford it, but I have seen smaller, like 4-6m fit great too), easy to fold, lightweight, good for everyday use & even handle some rough terrain here & there, I say go for the Baby Jogger City Mini. This stroller has been my fave by far (other than the double snap-n-go but that's a whole different use situation).

My girls love to ride in their stroller. I have yet to find a doorway we couldn't fit through. I get compliments constantly on my stroller.

I even used it for my 3yo at an air show on the air force base. Let me tell you about that experience. It was super super windy that day, only my 40lb 3yo was riding in it. The grounds we were walking around were cracked, pot hole covered, uneven, a basic nightmare. My Baby Jogger City Mini pushed like a dream through it all. I saw all other kinds of strollers getting stuck & even blowing away. LOL... I'm one handed & was even able to push it easily w/ the one hand against the wind & over the terrain no issues at all.

I've yet to encounter anyone who regrets a Baby Jogger purchase (they usually only regret getting rid of it). Don't be fooled by the plastic tires on the City Mini, they can handle a lot & still offer a smooth easy ride!

Where are located? Call around to baby boutiques & see if any carry the City Mini so you can go look & play!

I'll look for pics for of my girls in it.

lovinwaves

And one day, Chris, we can hope that Baby Jogger makes a hybrid stroller where we can pop on and off air tires, or plastic tires depending on our daily need.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC