Do any of the MyRide covers stay on? (and a question for anyone in the DFW area).

starbuck8088

Hi. I've been lurking here for quite a while, but haven't had much to post about until now. I've read about people having issues with the Spiral MyRide covers popping off. Mine does the exact same thing. Its sitting in my living room right now and I swear the thing pops off if I look at it wrong. Do any of the other covers stay on better, and is Graco replacing them if you have this problem? Because I really, really like the Bartlett cover... Also, I just noticed that the cover is ripping at the crotch strap hole. This seat has been used ONCE for a short trip. Should I contact Graco about that?

My other question is for anyone in or familiar with the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We are going down to visit family in November, and I told DH the main thing I wanted to do while we are there is go "play" carseats. Where are the places to go do that, and what kinda seats can I see? There's really not a whole lot of variety here in Iowa.

Thanks!

ADS

Laurette

USA Baby is the only thing I can think of besides BRU. They will have everything BRU carries plus others like the Radian and Recaro brand.

starbuck8088

Does Lone Star Baby and Kids have the Combi Shuttle in store? That's one would really like to see. Between seeing Recaro and Combi for the first time, I think I'd better not keep too much spending money on me!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
We've been using our Edgemont Dots My Ride for about two months without a lot of problem. The cover doesn't fit real tight at the top of the seat, and sometimes the elastic near the cupholders slips a bit, but I don't have a problem with that at all considering that my almost 4YO climbs in and out of the seat by herself every time. I just slip the elastic back down when needed. It's never come close to coming off.

starbuck8088

Maybe I'm just being too worried about the elastic. Now that I've noticed the rip in the fabric, I'm a little more upset about that than the slippage. I really like the seat, it installs great in DH's car and fits my neice perfectly, but it would be nice if the cover could hold up better.

mom2threeboys

Does Lone Star Baby and Kids have the Combi Shuttle in store? That's one would really like to see. Between seeing Recaro and Combi for the first time, I think I'd better not keep too much spending money on me!

I will be there Tuesday to pick up two vivo's. I will check for you!:)
( Frisco location but I think they carry the same stuff at all locations).

starbuck8088

Thank you so much! I've been wanting to see a Shuttle in person for ages (or like, a year.) My fascination with it is what got me into car seats and CPS to begin with.

Jonah Baby

I swear the thing pops off if I look at it wrong.
:ROTFLMAO:
Just if Jo bumps the elastic below the cupholder wing-edge area wrong when getting in and out. I've had two Spirals.

Also, I just noticed that the cover is ripping at the crotch strap hole. This seat has been used ONCE for a short trip. Should I contact Graco about that?
I would definitely call them on that.
You could mention the elastic trouble as well.

Let me know if you get a free cover!

Maedze

I have Edgemont Dots and Alma (both Mole-Wart specials). The Edgemont Dots cover is clearly not big enough and the elastic constantly comes off at the sides :rolleyes:

They fixed the problem with the Alma and that cover has never budged :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hey, I'm going to be visiting family (well, in-laws) in the Dallas area in November as well! *waves*

Joyofbirth

What area of DFW are you heading to?
And the Lone Star Baby in North Richland Hills has the combi shuttle. And just about everything else. It is huge. I think the only thing they don't have is the True Fit.

mom2threeboys

Thank you so much! I've been wanting to see a Shuttle in person for ages (or like, a year.) My fascination with it is what got me into car seats and CPS to begin with.

The Lone Star Baby in Frisco has the Combi Shuttle. I asked and they acted all eager..Do you want to see it?!? Yep..I have bought too many seats from them.lol I told them no thanks..the two seats I just bought will do! :p

starbuck8088

Hey, I'm going to be visiting family (well, in-laws) in the Dallas area in November as well! *waves*

We're going to visit my in-laws too!

What area of DFW are you heading to?
And the Lone Star Baby in North Richland Hills has the combi shuttle. And just about everything else. It is huge. I think the only thing they don't have is the True Fit.

We're staying in Hurst. This is definitely on my list of places to go, since they have the Shuttle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC