Question Kyle David Miller Foundation

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Most that I have done have. I have done a couple that were instant, but that is because of some seats I had already at my house, that needed a quick home in the area.

mommygraham

I have 2 kids (3.5yr 30lb DD and 2 yr 25lb DS) with one due Nov 5th. We have a 2004 Mazda Tribute, but once our 3rd is born, we don't have car seats that fit 3-wide. I've contacted Laura already, and she said that I qualify (even though they don't typically give seats to infants or young toddlers) and that she'd send 3 Radians as soon as they were available (PRAISE GOD!!!). I've just started to hear stories of how it could take 6-8 months for the seats to arrive (YIKES!). She never mentioned that. If it will take that long, I'm just going to have to buy them (somehow) myself, because we definitely can not afford a different vehicle, and the Radians are all that will fit. :(

ETA: DD is in a Cosco High Back booster (after a little research recently, I'm very anxious to turn her back around for another 10lbs) and DS is in a Cosco Scenera (just turned him back around after finding out about the safety of rfing)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Will three Sceneras fit in your car? They're quite narrow and have a tall shell for rear facing.

It's also possible your 3.5 year old has outgrown the Dorel combo seat. The top slots are notoriously low on those seats. Check her shoulders. But if she fits rear facing in a Scenera, I'd look at three of those first. Well, two more, since you already have one. That would get you seats for six to eight months for your oldest, and probably a year or more for the middle child, and three to four years for the baby. No foundation necessary at the moment.

Wendy

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Can you buy just one Radian yourself, for your oldest daughter? It doesn't have to be an 80# seat -- the 65# seat will do just fine. You could probably fit one Radian and two Sceneras RFing.

If that doesn't work or you can't do it, I'd buy a $60 Evenflo Chase for the oldest (I know you want her RFing and I would support that, but sometimes when times are tight we need to make tough choices, and FFing at age 3.5 is not terrible) and do RF Scenera/FF Chase/RF Scenera.

swtgi1982

Honestly you should be able to get three across if you use another scenera for the baby, this will get you thru until you get the radians and it is an inexpensive option that we have taken to be able to three across in my DH vehicle.

Wow! Our three are all going to be real close in age! My DD is 3.5 as well and only 30lbs as well. My DS1 is 2 and 25 lbs as well! We also have DS2 due in late Nov.

I feel the same way about DD being RF. We kept her that way until 37 months old. We just bought the Safety First Complete Air for her since it was the only one on the market with a tall enough shell for her to be RF. The lady at BRU tried to talk me into a booster for her!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: Um no!

Anyways. I have gotten two RF sceneras in my husbands suv and a FF Cosco Highback booster FF. The trick is put baby on Driver side out board and DD in middle and DS on passenger side RF. His SUV is about the exact same size as your Mazda from what I have seen. This will buy you time until you get the radians as it is a $50ish solution.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC