Britax Sticker on Race Car????

lovinwaves

Hubby got me a slew of things from Griots Garage for Christmas. Well in that box there was a thin catalog. On the front page just plain as day is a big yellow sticker on a racecar that says "BRITAX".

I call Griots to get more info on the car and the car's owner. That takes me to J & L Fabricators who evidently refurbished the car for the owner. So I call J & L and talk to the owner and he says he is unsure about the sticker, but that the car raced in Europe and possibly Australia in 1967.

Was Britax even around then? The Owner of J & L is going to call me back once he talks with the owner of the car which by the way is a 67 Brabham BT30. I will try to post a pix of the car if I can find one.

I just found it interesting to see a BRITAX sticker on such an older race car. Oh well, just thought I would share my little story....:)

ADS

Yoshi

Britax makes/made race car parts/accessories in the UK. I think kind of along the lines of Recaro- seats, harnesses, steering wheels,etc. the Brits have been racing enthisiasts forever, so I'm sure that's how Britax began in England. I know this cuz DH used to restore MG's and Triumphs.

lovinwaves

Photos!!!!!

YoshiandLuke, I think you are absolutely correct.

The guy called me back from J & L. He was extremely nice and helpful. He actually emailed some original photos of the racecar racing with the original Britax Sticker. He said that after his company refurbished the car he had a company reproduce an original looking BRITAX logo. I am still waiting on the picture of the car totally restored. I think I am going to make it my wallpaper on my lap top, because the BRITAX sticker/logo is bright yellow and you can't miss it. Forget the racecar, all I care about is the Britax sticker..LOL
Anyways, these pictures aren't the best since they were from 1967, or close to that (I think)..

7292064_1024.ts1167269058637.jpg

7292068_1024.ts1167269074920.jpg

7292073_1024.ts1167269089792.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC