My DD in a Cocorro?

JerseyGirl'sMama

DD is 2 1/2, 25lbs, and 36" tall. I am not sure of her torso height, but she doesn't appear to be long-torsoed. I am curious as to how you think she would fit in one, both RF and FF, since there are none nearby to try out.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Her torso height would be the deciding factor, but even then I wouldn't wager a guess since you really need to get a kid in there to know for sure.

I make no secret of my love for the Coccoro, but I wouldn't buy one for a 2-year-old. Yes, she might fit now, and might for a while, but she won't last NEARLY as long (RF or FF) as she will in other comparably-priced seats.

The Coccoro is a great alternative to an infant seat, as a travel seat, etc. But after a certain point, it's not a practical choice. It's definitely not the last seat you'll need if you want to keep your kid RFing longer.

I know I'll need to buy another convertible to keep my DD RFing once she outgrows the Coccoro RF.

FrogJuice

I :love: my coccoro, but I'm prepared to have to buy Gavin another seat in the long run.

I did try my 5yo DD in the seat when we got it on Friday, she was 2 inches over the top slots.

Honestly I don't see how a 2yo even with a short torso would fit in the seat rear facing.

abigaylebelle

If she has a normal/short torso I bet she would fit in a coccoro. Does she fit in a roundabout? She is obviously lighter weight so she would probably be fine in a 33lb or 35lb rear facing seat provided she has enough shell over her head.

skipspin

I :love: my coccoro, but I'm prepared to have to buy Gavin another seat in the long run.

I did try my 5yo DD in the seat when we got it on Friday, she was 2 inches over the top slots.

Honestly I don't see how a 2yo even with a short torso would fit in the seat rear facing.

2 yrs 4 mo.:whistle:

JerseyGirl'sMama

Thanks Judi, I might have to check that place out. ;)

Wow Skipskin. Is he itty bitty?

I make no secret of my love for the Coccoro, but I wouldn't buy one for a 2-year-old. Yes, she might fit now, and might for a while, but she won't last NEARLY as long (RF or FF) as she will in other comparably-priced seats.

Oh, DD has LOTS of RFing room left in her Signo, so that isn't the issue. Eventually when we have some more money, we are going to get 2nd seats for our kiddos to go in DH's Element, and I have been secretly romancing the idea of a Cocorro. I know it isn't a practical decision. :whistle:

My 37" kid just barely fit RF if that helps. Depends a lot on torso height, though.

Makes sense. I just need to get her in one to find out.

christineka

My 4yo was 36 inches tall with a 12.5 inch torso when I tried her out in the coccoro. She had outgrown rfing in the seat while she could rfin most other seats. She even had 2 inches above her head in the tribute, thought she was too heavy at 30 pounds.

SoccerMom

I don't see any reason why a 2 yr old wouldn't fit, unless they had a long torso. Or maybe my kids just have really short torsos. :shrug-shoulders:

DS1 - 4 yrs 2 months, 33 lbs, 39.5"
DSCN3384-1.jpg
DSCN3381.jpg

I love my Coccoro! I just wish I could actually use it here for DS2 (we got it to use while in the US and used it on the plane going home)

jubgulia

At almost exactly 3, DS1 had a 15" torso and was at the top slots uninstalled and just over the top slots installed FF. His head was right to the top of the shell.

DS2 loves his Coccoro. He still has a 12-12.5" torso at 19 months (whereas DS1 had close to a 14" torso at that point and was 30 lbs) and has tons of growing room over his head RF.

It amazes me sometimes how even brothers' growth patterns can be so different.

Splash

It has a far higher shell than a Roundabout, and *most* kids fit in a RA rear-facing until about 2.5 or so. The reason *I* won't use it very long RF is the lack of leg room. It's a fairly shallow seat but with high/deep sides all around, so no way to fling legs over the side. I'll leave Sam in it until he outgrows it or Charlie outgrows the MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC