Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

momof2

Question turning circles, rearvw camera/sensors, and SUVs/miniwagons

Hi,
    Any information about how important these two parameters are when comparing new vehicles?

-- turning circles - 37 ft vs. 40 ft?
    is this significant for safety/parking?

-- are rearview sensors/cameras really advantageous,
    or will a quick walkaround before getting into a vehicle
    be enough?
    if recommended, are rearview cameras vastly
    superior to sensors?

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Just an opinion-

A difference of a few feet may reduce some parking difficulty in a few situations. It's probably worth trying on a test drive. I don't think I would let a 3-foot larger turning radius turn me off of a vehicle that I like a lot more otherwise.

Rear view cameras and sensors are handy if you are buying a high riding vehicle with a tall blind spot behind the rear hatch. If you are willing to do a careful walkaround, then you certainly don't need these features. They are more of a time saver for people who would just pull off without checking for a small child. The preference for sensors or cameras is mostly personal, there are probably pros and cons to each one.

Good luck!