I hate deals too good to pass up...

MySillyKids

I have to add another something to my collection. Sigh.

So now i'll have, a Baby Jogger city Mini Single, Baby Jogger City Mini Double, and a Baby Jogger City Elite Single. go me.

ADS

Holly

Looks like a cool stroller, but dh would freak out if I spent that much on a stroller! What is so awesome about those?

munchkin

Looks like a cool stroller, but dh would freak out if I spent that much on a stroller! What is so awesome about those?

:love: I got a brand new one off Craigslist for cheap (but not so cute colors). Let's just say they are a dream to push; wouldn't have thought it made a difference, but after pushing cheaper strollers (which I never thought anything of pushing) and then one of these I will never go back (the steering and ease of pushing is worlds different, I never knew what I was missing).

Especially at the end of a very hot zoo trip with 71 pounds of hot, sweaty, unwilling to walk to the car kiddos - lower the seat throw them both in and still pushes like nothing is in it. And the fold is incredible - pull up on the strap and folded. I can fit an Elite and a Mini in the trunk of my Focus :whistle:!

MySillyKids

alicia came over tonight, and i gave her old baby stuff i don't need anymore (her friend is having a baby) and she asked why i had BOTH my single, and double stroller in the van. I was like uh, because one's a double, one's a single. lol.

How long until DH notices?!?!

Holly, I can't not have it. DS2 is a runner, and he doesn't 'walk' with us. He just runs away. I needed a higher weight stroller. one thats on sale fits the bill!

MySillyKids

My other two strollers are 50lb weight limits. (well the baby jogger city mini double, has a 100lb weight limit for the WHOLE thing, and missK isn't heavy too much yet) DS2 was weighed yesterday at 47lbs :eek:

When i take a single stroller, its usually because i left one of the other kids home sleeping. DH works from home, so i have the luxury of leaving one of the kids home :love:

If i have all 3 kids, i use the double stroller. The past few times, all 3 kids have been riding in the stroller. DS1 holds MissK, and DS2 sits in the other side.

But i needed a higher weight stroller. This one goes to 75lbs.

I'm not too worried, these strollers hold the value really well. Especially paying a little more than half of the price.

Great thanks alot for showing the video :whistle:
I want one so bad now! I can't though, dh is 2 weeks from being laid off(darn construction). If he gets a job asap again I am so buying this. Please be on sale for a month or more. :love:

MySillyKids

Great thanks alot for showing the video :whistle:
I want one so bad now! I can't though, dh is 2 weeks from being laid off(darn construction). If he gets a job asap again I am so buying this. Please be on sale for a month or more. :love:

Good luck. The last time i 'waited' for a sale from there (FTR, it was on the BLUE city mini single) it was gone when i went back to get it. I was mad. But then another, better, stroller deal fell in my lap. :love:

Thats why i just had to have it, asap. w00t.

Holly

Here holly:

http://www.babyjogger.com/city_elite_sngl_dtl.aspx

Click on 'see it in action. You can see the fold of the stroller. OMG the fold ROCKS.

I didn't see this until now.
That does look pretty cool.
I still can't get over the price tag though. Even on sale it's still too much (for me). This is my dream stroller, and I can't even get that. I was able to talk dh into $25 towards a used stroller, but thats it. I still want this one though.

ETA, nevermind, this one. I think it's the exact same thing and it's a little cheaper and has better colors.

Last edited:

MySillyKids

What do you look for in strollers holly? What features are worth more money for you?

I buy high end strollers because* i know they hold high resale value. I know for a fact that if i were to sell all 3 strollers, i could MAKE money off of them. Thats what makes it worth it for me. My DH thinks the same way. He spends a great deal on his hobby with the intent of selling when something new comes on the market.

I think thats why its important to find sales on baby items, so you can end up ahead, in the long run. :)

*because lovinwaves controls my mind when it comes to strollers :p

Holly

My favorite stroller was a light weight Kolcraft one that I got for $50 at K-mart when Hannah was 6 months old. It was perfect, everything I wanted in a stroller. Lightweight, folded up really small, parent and kid tray, cupholders, basket, one hand fold, and a reclining seat.

When Abby was born, I sold it and got a double stroller. It didn't occur to me at the time that there might one day be a time when I'd want to use a single stroller again.

For a double stroller, I had always wanted a sit n stand but when Abby was born, Hannah was just 16 months so she wasn't ready for that. I got the duoglider because I could put Abby's car seat on it and because I liked Graco.

Before Josh was born, I decided I wouldnt need a double anymore, so I sold the duoglider and got the fisher price safe voyage stroller. I ended up hating that, I don't remember why, but something about it really bugged me. I sold that too and found a joovy caboose used so I got that, thinking I'd get a single stroller eventually.

I decided I wanted either a graco literider or a jeep cherokee sport (the jeep one is JUST like my old Kolcraft one that I loved so much!).
So I sold a big piece of exercise equipment I had to buy the stroller.
Dh wasn't psyched about it, so I looked online again and found a really old crappy graco stroller for $5 and it could lay down flat, so I got that, thinking I'd use the joovy caboose once Josh was big enough to sit in the front seat.
He's big enough now, and I still want a single stroller, it's easier when I'm taking the girls to the park which I do almost every day now.

So I talked dh into letting me spend $25 on a used stroller, I found an old graco literider. I like it, but I still just want a NEW one, either the one at BRU or the one at Walmart. I saw the BRU one in person the other day and I LOVE it! It's a lot smaller than my graco (in a good way). Lighter, easier to fold, I like the recline mechanism on it better, the colors, etc.
I think it's the exact same thing as the baby trend at Walmart that I linked to beause I compared the pics side by side and they look identical except for the colors. I'm now trying to think up a way I can get the money for it, that wont irritate dh. It drives him crazy when I sell things to buy new things when they are the same type of thing (ex, sell a stroller to buy a different stroller) especially when the newer one will cost more.
If I can think of a way to get $20-$25 though, I think I'll list my literider for what I paid for it, and get the Walmart stroller anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC