Mazda MPV safety question

mistylavon

I'm wondering if it's ok to put a HBB in the seat that slides to the middle. I'm wondering b/c the seat belt has to be pulled farther to be buckled in the middle.

Thanks~

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm not familiar with this specific vehicle, but I do know a lot of vans have seat belts that do that. I've had to move kids who were in backless boosters out of that seating position because there was no way to get the shoulder belt properly positioned (even with the positioner-strap.)

However, the shoulder belt positioner on a HBB should work to properly position the shoulder belt. As long as it's doing so, and as long as the vehicle manual doesn't restrict the use of boosters in that seating position, it should be fine. :thumbsup:

agurlsride

I have a hbb in the seat that slides in my MPV. It works just fine, like Deb said, a lot of vans have seats like that, especially the ones with bench seats in the second row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC