Question Mazda 5 with 3 kids?

sdearborn

We own a 2006 Mazda 5 and for the most part love it.

We are expecting an unexpected 3rd kid and wondering if there are families out there who use the car with 3? We love that we can take other kids with us for trips but never thought to have a kid permanently back there. It is pretty loud in back. We only have one car and mostly use the car in the city but do a fair amount of trips under 2hrs.

Also, DD is in a Regent and I wondered if that would even fit back there?

Thanks!

Sue
DD1 6.5 in Regent
DD2 2.5 Marathon

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

I'm not sure how much *fun* it would be with three kids, but it's certainly do-able if there are no other options. Yes, a Regent will fit back there. Two will, actually. ;)

skipspin

We rented a M5 to take on a two day trip (19 hours one way) with our three when they were 5.5, 2, and 6 weeks. It was great! We put the two older kids in the 3rd row, but it was easy to buckle and unbuckle them without climbing in the back. I sat in the middle with the baby, or up front.

I'd be getting one when our lease is up except I think I'm going to want more than one extra seat- so we'll probably get a minivan. We we never hauled more than one other person, though, I'd love to have a Mazda5.

jewlsvern

I drive one. I only have 2 of my own, but I have DNe and DNi every day during the week. So I fit 4 kids all in car seats most of the time. I currently have DD RF in the 2nd row and DS RF in his infant seat in the 3rd row. When I have the older kids, 8yr DNi will sit in the 3rd row next to the baby and DNe in the 2nd row. When the kids aren't with us I fold the 2nd row seat flat and I use the 3rd row seat for extras like the double stroller, etc.

I think it works fairly well. My mom also lives with us so often she is in the 2nd row seat.

If you can in your situation, I would put 2 kids in the 3rd row and 1 in the 2nd and then fold the extra seat flat. It wold give you access to the 3rd row and still allow a place to have a friend hop in or to put things like groceries, etc.

CarseatDiva

I'm not sure how much *fun* it would be with three kids, but it's certainly do-able if there are no other options. Yes, a Regent will fit back there. Two will, actually. ;)

Thanks for that little piece of info! I want Dh to look into a Mazda5, and I would love to be able to fit both regents back there!

mcomommy

We have one and it works well for 3 although we very much want something bigger before we have a 4th. I think 3 is a squeeze once you add groceries, stroller and a diaper bag, I can't imagine 4 plus all that. I really :love::love: it though, it is a great little car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC