I can't believe sk makes this...yucky!

ADS
I have seen that before. I thought someone said maybe for institutions?
Seriously though I haven't seen any really even using carseats.
YUCKY though!

I saw Child services the other day carting some kids back and forth and none in carseats. I live in an 8/80 state. These were around 2, 4, and 6 year old kids.

mommycat

OMG I've never seen that before! That's a little... disturbing. But also a little cool. If you don't live somewhere hot and have AC then it would be fine. As the description says, it wipes easily, so if you have a puker/peer it would be handy. The description says it would be good for government and institutional environments, where multiple kids would need to use it and you'd want to wipe off with disinfectant, possibly. Sounds plausible to me. Imagine what 8 years of an endless stream of kids of all sorts would make the cover like. Ick.

Shaunam

"Perfect for institutional and governmental environments."

You'd be grateful if you were the kid who had to sit in it after the last kid peed in it and it was wiped nice and clean and not soggy wet like the other covers would be.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

You'd be grateful if you were the kid who had to sit in it after the last kid peed in it and it was wiped nice and clean and not soggy wet like the other covers would be.

:yeahthat:

BeckC

I'm wondering if Classicseats should make an exception for a new seat and try to get ahold of one because that is such a wonderfully ghastly example of vinyl run amok! :ROTFLMAO:

I love the matching vinyl shoulder pads!

Last edited:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

I wouldn't think kids being put in car seats in institutional or governmental environments would be any more likely than a kid in any other environment to pee in a seat. Most likely the kids would be either potty trained or in diapers like normal.

However, I can see it being a real plus for transporting ill children or for taking children out of bad situations. I have taught classes for CPS (child protective services) and I know that they frequently have to treat their car seats with lice spray.

classicseats

I'm wondering if Classicseats should make an exception for a new seat and try to get ahold of one because that is such a wonderfully ghastly example of vinyl run amok! :ROTFLMAO:

I love the matching vinyl shoulder pads!

Yes, Yes I would.

lovinwaves

I swear we have talked about this cover before. Someone piped up about how this cover would be great on a Radian that gets rented out for private plane use.

canadiangie

I think it's fabulous for government and institutional situations. :thumbsup:

I can think of quite a few times where children of "potty trained" age would have accidents and workers would be forced to haul seats in, strip them down, wash up covers (sometimes rinsing them in the sink with dish soap and ringing them out), and that having a vinyl cover would have made life so much easier, and so much less germy.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree. I wouldn't buy it for personal use -- I'd just use a spare seat or cover if the seat was peed on or puked on. If I drove a daycare van or police car or worked for CPS, I'd consider it. In those situations, it would be nice to have a vinyl-covered folded-up Radian and a backless booster in the trunk for emergencies.

solmama

I agree, for institutional/daycare use it looks great.

But, I go with my dh's first reaction, "why would you do that to your child?" We both, not-so-fondly, remember riding on hot vinyl vehicle seats as children while wearing shorts. Ouch.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC