Pictures of ME in car seats! I'm so proud!

Splash

I don't have a scanner, or I would scan them in. I might go find a scanner just to put these up!
My uncle brought my dad a lot of my old baby pictures and pictures of my mom (she died when I was a baby) a few weeks ago, and he and I were going through them. I saw three of four pictures of me in car seats.
The first one was my infant seat, and a scary one at that! Top of the line for the time, no doubt. It was a three point with no chest clip and vinyl covered. However my straps were very tight! The next few are of my in an overhead shield seat (to the best of my knowledge it was pretty much all that was available then) but again my straps were nice and tight!
I also remember having a shield booster until I was at least 7 or so. So I think my dad did pretty good on the car seat front! I remember when I was shopping for seats for Charlie and dad was determined to get his first car seat (a Baby Trend Latch Loc) and he commented on how cheap car seats were these days! He said he spent almost a whole pay check on my convertible seat! And thankfully my dad has never batted at eye at Charlie having two $300 seats and would gladly buy him another one for his car if needed.

ADS

honeybee03

That's great!

Can you take a picture of the old pictures with a digital camera and upload them that way? It may be a little blurry but it should work, I have done it before :)

Splash

Good idea! I'll do that sometime this week!
I know my dad has told me before that people would rag him for wanting me in a car seat (granted, a shield booster, but the best that was available at the time) and he told me that he didn't care. Makes me happy that he did the best he could with the limited options/information available then (early 80s)
I am pretty sure the convertible seat says strolee on it, but not positive.

lovinwaves

mmm Sounds like CPS fanatics runs in your family LOL!!

Hopefully you can get those picture posted soon. I would love to see them!! :)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Ooooo,

Post some photos if you can. We'd love to see them. They didn't even have car seats when I was little. I don't feel very old but I babysat babies in the 80's. I guess I am older than I feel. ;)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You all make me feel so old,LOL! I was in high school in the early 80's!!!!!

Same here, I was in high school and taking driver's ed while Splash was probably riding around in her shield booster seat, lol.

Simplysomething

Lol. Splash how OLD are you? lol (And I won't be 30 until '08. lol).

I'd love to see the pics too. :)

(ETA: I started kindergarten in '83. lol)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Yeah, well I'm 37. I started HS in 1983...so Yoshi...who is older? You or me?

I have a pic of my brother (born in 1965) in a car seat...I took a picture of the picture but it didn't turn out to well. I'll see if I still have it on here.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Here is my brother. He was 7mo in this picture...he got his 1st carseat for Christmas. Sorry the quality is so bad! That's what happens when you take a picture of a picture! LOL

Daycare085.jpg

Daycare046.jpg

Lys

Senior Community Member
Yeah, well I'm 37. I started HS in 1983...so Yoshi...who is older? You or me?

I have a pic of my brother (born in 1965) in a car seat...I took a picture of the picture but it didn't turn out to well. I'll see if I still have it on here.

I believe I am the oldest here.
I will be 42 next month! I graduated HS in 1983 and was born in 65 as well! LOL

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
SImplysomething-- it sounds like you and I are close in age. I guess I fall somewhere in between you and Rebekah in age. :)

tjham

I believe I am the oldest here.
I will be 42 next month! I graduated HS in 1983 and was born in 65 as well! LOL

Excuse me........I'm 58. :p So I'll bet I win the "Oldest" prize!

I have some pictures of my kids in really old carseats. I can scan them but I have no idea how to post them. :eek:

Yoshi

Well, it was a close race, but amazingly I am NOT the oldest. :D

I was born in '65, graduated H.S. in '83- just turned 41 last month.

I can't believe it! I was driving my '73 Dodge Dart to Rock concerts in 1984. No seatbelts, either! I also hit a deer with that tank (oops, I meant car) that winter.

Morganthe

Well, it was a close race, but amazingly I am NOT the oldest.

I was born in '65, graduated H.S. in '83- just turned 41 last month.

I can't believe it! I was driving my '73 Dodge Dart to Rock concerts in 1984. No seatbelts, either! I also hit a deer with that tank (oops, I meant car) that winter.

LOL -- Yoshi, I think you and I are running neck and neck for the oldest mums who have the youngest kids :D
I'll be 40 in Feb. & dd turned 3 last Sept.
I graduated from high school, joined the Air Force, AND got married all in 1985. Busy year :p

My mom is astonished by all the car seats on the market. She thought she was a safe mom by having me in a special car seat type of basket that sat next to her on the bench seat. At least I wasn't loose in the car, and what the hey, I'm still here :D

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I'm in my late 30s, about the same age as Kay. ;) I don't have pictures but have memories of riding in a carseat similar to Yoshiandluke's brother. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC