If you could choose ANY seat for a 27 pound 36 inch 3 1/2 YO, what would it be?

ADS

featherhead

A Radian of some sort. I :love: my Radian, and it fits great in my car. Could be used rear-facing for quite a while yet.

AtTheSouthDam

Radian. A multi tech is over kill for a child that size (I really wanted one, why couldn't DD2 be on the same growth curve as DD1?!)

Mommy0608

:love: True Fit! :love:

Usually easier to install than a Radian (though I know there are exceptions), taller shell which is nice for taller, thinner kiddos. A 27lb 3.5 year old doesn't *need* the 40lb RF limit of the Radian, in my opinion.

My 29lb, 40" 3 year old is in a True Fit. If I had to replace her seat today, I'd buy another True Fit in a heartbeat.

Edited to add: I guess I mean either the TF or TFP. I got my TF before the TFP was available. I do love it, but if given the option I'd probably go for the Premier now, for the anti-rebound feature (and of course easier access to the adjuster).

Last edited:

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Radian XT

I think 2nd on my list for a 27 pound 3.5 year old would be the True Fit Premiere. I like my regular True Fit (actually I love my True Fit forward-facing and I tolerate it rear-facing, so I think it evens out to like :D). I think I would like my True Fit better RFing if I had the anti-rebound bar, both to make it easier to reach the harness adjuster and for the anti-rebound benefits.

mykidsmylife

Britax Frontier. LOL.
I say that because Seth will be 3 in a couple if weeks and is barely 27lbs. He will be going foward facing in the spring at 3.5 yrs. So for me I would and may get him a froniter.

solmama

While we love our TF and it fits our ds well, I'm going to recommend a Radian. We have a 65 (with 33lb rear-facing limit) for our 33.5lb ds. Yes, he's forward facing. The Radian just fits his slim body so nicely. Almost like it was made for him. He finds it comfortable (I had SKJP send me the memory foam) and can fall asleep in it. He slept in it for 2 hours today and woke up without a neckache.

But, the TF is easier to install in any vehicle, has a talller shell (by 1.5"), and takes up less front to back space than the Radian. The TF is much more user friendly while the Radian has a learning curve.

monstah

Radian! It's my favorite seat from infant to booster.
(And I have owned 10 car seats in the last 4 years)

Caimbrie

My 41 inch tall and 40.4lbs, 3 1/2 year old is in a Radian 65 :love: (yes, he's huge. Not fat, just a BIG proportional boy lol)

Then again, my 45lb 7 year old, 38lb 4 1/2 year old and 20lb 1 year old are all in Radians. The 1 year old still rear facing of course.

fyrfightermomma

Still RFing? Radian XT. Tons of leg and growing room.

Gonna FF? Recaro Young Sport without a doubt :) Fits tall skinny older kids perfectly. Great harness height and I doubt she'd max the 40 lb weight out before booster age. Turns into one of the best boosters I've ever seen. I'm so bummed DD2 is a chunk a lunk and won't get to use the YS we have :( Up the limits Recaro!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC