graco comfortsport any pics or advice?

santasgirl

my True fit was not hard to install it was hard to get it in Tight so i want to know if anyone has pics of the graco comfortsport and any install advice
i have a 2007 Camery

ADS

InternationalMama

Here is a thread with tips for installing the ComfortSport and there are some pics.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=88122

But just FYI in case you haven't already bought the seat or have the option of returning it here is a thread where people go into detail about why the ComfortSport isn't often recommended on this site and what seats are recommended instead:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=21544

Of course, if you've already bought the seat and can't return it or don't want to then you can just look at the first thread where the tips are located. :)

HTH.

Maedze

Are you purchasing a Comfortsport or are you simply in the position of using one for a while? If you are purchasing it, I'll recommend strongly against it.

It has extremely limited use, only a 30 pound limit rear facing, and incredibly short shell, and ridiculously low top harness position forward facing. Most kids outgrow it by their second birthday.

If you buy it with the understanding that you will need to buy another convertible to continue rear facing once this one is outgrown, that's fine, as long as you are aware of its lack of cost-effectiveness. :)

jodibug

Just wanted to add to what the others have said. I would not buy a ComfortSport due to the low harness slots.

Too often at seat check events I have parents who just bought the thing and they only have 1/2" or less of room until it is outgrown.

fyrfightermomma

As others have mentioned, if you have an average sized child, this seat probably isnt for you.

My siggy pic is a good example. My daughter just turned two and is average to small side(45% for height and 35% for weight, 13" torso). She has long outgrown it. At *just* two years old. SHe probably outgrew it closer to 18 months forward facing. I can't even imagine when she outgrew it rear facing. we haven't used the seat in years. But the 2nd slots you have to use for RFing are like halfway down her back. Her head is well above the shell (most seats its still contained in the shell) and shoulders 2 inches above the top slot. (this was in a plane and the only option that worked and was available plus planes have different crash dynamics which is why we chose to use it. I would never use a seat this outgrown in a car). She looks huge in it! Yet still fits in every other 40 lb seat on the market.

This also is an older one which supposedly are taller than the current ones out. Id hate to see how she looks in a new one!
100_2513.jpg

fyrfightermomma

Ohhh. Well that changes things. Hopefully the child is smaller and fits fine in the seat. If it were for your own child, I wouldn't buy it for an older child. If I already had one (which I did) I would use it. But since its another's child, just hope they fit and if they don't, mention something kindly to mom or dad.

I think the CS is super easy to install in pretty much any car. I needed a noodle rear facing but it was still easy and forward facing is a cinch. It really is a nice easy lightweight seat to install. If it were a teeny bit bigger it's be a great spare travel seat. I like it much better than the Scenera. Much easier to install in my opinion.

santasgirl

yea wow u girls are great help!
yea R is 16 mt and typical size, i was thinking tho of buying a Natluis(sp) for E who is 3.5 and having rose use the true fit, i own the true fit and i wouldn't mind getting him a bigger seat becouse i know its top of the line when i get her in the seat ill take pics for you all to see.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The ComfortSport is a fine seat as long as the child fits in it. During its useful life (which, as discussed, is short), there is no reason to believe that the TrueFit is any more "top of the line".

InternationalMama

I think the CS is super easy to install in pretty much any car. I needed a noodle rear facing but it was still easy and forward facing is a cinch. It really is a nice easy lightweight seat to install. If it were a teeny bit bigger it's be a great spare travel seat. I like it much better than the Scenera. Much easier to install in my opinion.

:yeahthat:

I just used the CS as a travel seat and I really liked it. A short shell is actually nice for a travel seat as long as the child fits and you don't care about longevity. It fits my DS great right now and I didn't pay anything for it so I don't mind that it won't last too long.

I wouldn't buy another seat if the CS will work for you. It's a perfectly safe seat.

NannyMom

As long as she still fits in the CS, it's fine. If she's too big, or when she gets too big, I'd consider buying a new seat for the 3.5 year old and passing down the bigger convertible to the baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC