new aftermarket product

ADS

Shanora

And you know the best part of the whole thing, is that its a computer generated picture. The clip is not actually being used in that picture!! LOL

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Totally hard to even take the product seriously due to the bad grammar, poor wording and terrible web site. I mean, it kind of looks like a joke?

And what's "straping"? ;)

There is no fiddling around with the carseat straping.

mygirlkat74

Okay I had to be a pain in the rump and email this lady.

Here are her replies.

Hi

Thanks for your enquiry and your list of concerns. May I ask what country you are from?

This product has been throughly researched and is not a fly by night product. It has taken two years to get all its approvals. It has been reviewed and approved for legal sale in New Zealand and Australia. It has been seen by both Standards NZ and Australia, The NZ Land Transport Safety Authority & Plunket. Basically anyone here who has anything to do with the legal side of carseats has seen it.

The largest car seat manufacturer here, Brittax has also seen the product. They make the safe & sound range. I met and spoken personally with their NZ General Manager and sent here a final product.They know it is for sale here and they have not tried to stop it. If it was illegal, I am certain they would stop me in an instant.

I have also spoken with the NZ & Australian Reps from the Crash Testing Unit in Australia. They both agreed that it does not require crash testing as it does not alter or hinder the original harnessing. All it is doing is holding them in their designed positions. The carseat standard 1754 in these countries do not take into account chest clips. In both their words (and I have emails to back it), I would be wasting their time and my money if it did get sent for testing at their facility.

Kind regards Bianca

So I wrote Her back and this is what I said.

Then you only need to put them for sale in those countries only. Here in the United States, Nothing should be added with a car seat that wasn't Manufactured with the car seat. EVEN BRITAX which I own one of their seats. All say in the manual DO NOT ADD OR ALTER TO THIS SEAT THAT WASN'T MANUFACTURED WITH THE CAR SEAT. OR WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE AND IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.

That is what it says word for word on my manual for my Marathon. So that means adding your product to the seat will void the warranty. So doing so will void everyones warranty. You don't have any idea the testing process they go through to make the seats safe. Countless kids are killed daily.

THis was her reply back after that one.

Thanks once again for your email. I will add my disclaimer to the website so that people are aware fully that they do need to check their manuals, as I am certain most if not all manuals will have something simular written like that. It is written on the packaging, but it would be good to highlight it before they purchase it as well, so thanks for that.

What is written on your Brittax manual must be there standard blurb as that is also what is written in my manual. :0)

I am not going to be adding to my website that the product is only for sale in Australia & New Zealand, because it is also not illegal for me to sell it in Europe, Asia, America or the UK.

It is illegal for me to sell something that is blatantly dangerous. This product is not, and all due care has been taken ensure this.

I do know what is involved in the testing process as I am sure, Auto Liv the crash testing unit in Australia is. This is the company that agreed that my clip did not need testing. I can't get better confirmation than them as they are the company that crash tests Britax's seats.

As someone wanting to be a car seat Technician, I am sure you have seen and or heard of many dangerous items added to carseats, (people here have been known to use cable ties, pad locks, string) and i do understand your concerns. I have researched this very heavily. My clip is easily seen by emergency services, it is easily removed, it does not alter the carseat strapping in anyway, and does not ride up and cause a choking hazzarrd. And it is temporary. It is only used for the window of time where the child is too small to understand the importance of not removing its arms. Once it is old enough, the clip is removed.

This clip is also not sold with a carseat as an assessory. And it is not marketed as a replacement clip. It is an aftermarket product, which consenting adults can decide to add to their seats if they find there children are removing their arms from the harnesses.

I am sure you will agree that if a child was involved in a car accident, if they didn't fly out of the window, they would most certainly recieve severe abdominal injuries if they were only partially seated within their harnesses. This clip prevents this.

Kind regards Bianca

Amaris

I would never use one on my car seat, but I would on my stroller. Kaitlin has perfected getting her arms out of the straps, putting her feet under the footrest, and pulling herself to standing. Even if I think the straps are as tight as I can get them without hurting her she still does it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
After seeing her replies, I guess it's not a joke. I think she really needs to work on her spelling and grammar though if she wants people to take her seriously. I have no confidence in the product after reading her web site and emails.

fyrfightermomma

So if it's in NZ and Australia it's not really replacing the chest clip that comes with the seat cause those countries don't use them to begin with right? (or is it just Europe?) It's just adding a chest clip to a seat that doesn't have one. And I thought AD did say once that on their chest clip less seats they do recommend sometimes to add chest clips over there if you have an escape artist. I'd rather stick with a regular old chest clip though in that case

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It may not be illegal for her to sell in the U.S. (it's legal to sell the Mighty Tite too) but it's illegal for consumers to USE in proper-use states.

Transport Canada seems a little more on top of these kinds of things, I'd love to hear what they have to say about this one.

mygirlkat74

Her additude just got me through all the emails I got.

Like she says Britax saying its okay. I wonder. Does anyone know who to contact at Britax and ask them if they have said that this was okay to use?

Stroller yea I might use it on, but I wouldn't spend that money on it for that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC