Question Do you "snoop" in other cars?

MarathonMama

The other day I actually saw a Britax in the car parked next to me and a few weeks ago I saw a Regent :rolleyes: Yeah, I seriously thought I would never see one around here ... only Cosco 3-in-1's.

I was tempted to snoop in the car and I find I'm always checking cars for carseats out of curiousity. Conversely, I find a lot of people "check out" my carseats since pretty much no one has seem them before (2 MA and a RNXT). However, I don't want it to be too obvious :whistle: Besides, deep tinted windows make it really hard!

Do you snoop? Can you do it discretely? Do you find you're obsessed with checking for carseats or "hunting" for specific types you rarely see?

ADS

lovinwaves

I don't snoop for carseats necessarily, I snoop just to snoop. :D I think the inside of a car can tell alot about a person. I sound like a total stalker. lol

rochelle

I snoop to see if there is a unattended child left in a locked car. Especially when its hot weather now.

I'm a dork. I snoop to see if they have a stickshift or other interesting car stuff (like certain factory options I think are cool). I do look for car seats on occassion. I really should do it to see if there are unattended children, but it's usually to see if it's a stick or some other option I'm curious about.

swtgi1982

Yes I do admit I do it very often, but only if I happen to catch a glance of a child coming out of the car that should be in a car seat or if I see a car seat in a car out of the corner of my eye. :whistle:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I do it all the time, and have even taken pictures of other people's carseats. I saw two Radian 65s in a car today, two Huskies (I hope they weren't Super Elites!) in a small car last week, a Frontier and a Roundabout last night. Someone at Piper's school has a Go installed permanently. In this area it's a lot of Britax. My neighbor has a Boulevard for her granddaughter. hehe I may be one of the few without a Britax in my car.

Wendy

cowgirlsmommy

I'm very guilty of snooping. I think I own some of the only Britax seats in the city. lol. My husband said one day he's going to get a set of blinders and put them on me before we get out of the car.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I snoop. Like rochelle, I snoop to look for unattended children. I also snoop for car seats. In the past 2 weeks, I saw Radians in real life for the first time, so that was pretty cool. One was FF in a car in the parking lot at DD's physical therapist, and the other one was FF in a Trader Joe's parking lot. The kid in the Radian at the Trader Joe's probably would have been safer rear-facing, but it was still neat to seat a Radian in real life.

MANDY1234

I am the car-seat stalker :whistle: thats' what hubbs calls me lol My all time fav place to check out seats to when we take Mya to CHildrens in Columbus. There are some NASTY seats there lol

I've noticed that the seats here at the hospital I work at are also NASTY...my co-worker has her 4 yr old in a OHS :eek: I know she has heard me talk abouit car seat crap but I havn't decided is I can tell her what she needs to know without having to feel funny arounf her everyday... Should I just e-mail her some links maybe...SORRY total thread hiJacking lol

Really though...I look everywhere!! I can't help it lol

Jonah Baby

I'm guilty
of all of the above...

We saw our first RN up here the other day. DH was like "WTF is that?!"
He is personally addicted to scoping out Britax seats.
I like to find "rarities" like RNs or CCs or TFs, etc.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Nother snooper here. ;) I've even got my dh doing it...he came home telling me how he saw a kid unrestrained in a car and how he knew I'd be ticked if I saw it. LOL

canadiangie

Absolutely. I'm on high alert at all times. Looking for cool seats, ERF'ers, misuse, you name it, I'm looking for it. I can barely walk a straight line in a parking lot because I'm so busy snooping, leaning to see, even taking the scenic route into the store so I can get a better look at a seat. :cool:

NannyMom

i always snoop... even at red lights i am looking into other peoples cars!

Me too. I snoop in the parking lots. When I'm walking through a parking lot. At red lights. And when sitting in traffic. I see what seats there are. If they look like they might be installed properly. And of course to see if TBs have their screws.

A and J do it now too. We'll be driving down the road and they'll call out a seat. Or say.... 'that kid's too young for that booster' or 'K, is that seat expired?' and the like :) :whistle:

J-max

CPST Instructor
Absolutely. I'm on high alert at all times. Looking for cool seats, ERF'ers, misuse, you name it, I'm looking for it. I can barely walk a straight line in a parking lot because I'm so busy snooping, leaning to see, even taking the scenic route into the store so I can get a better look at a seat. :cool:
me too :)

Mommy0608

Oh yes, all the time. :whistle: DH calls me out on it, however, HE does it now too! :cool:

I rarely see anything cool around here though... it's pretty much all Sceneras and 3-in-1s, and I very rarely see a convertible installed rear-facing.

MustangMama

I'm a dork. I snoop to see if they have a stickshift or other interesting car stuff (like certain factory options I think are cool).

Ha! Me too! Especially other Mustang's.

I saw an Aloha Radian XT (?) a few weeks ago driving down the main street here!!! I was so happy!! There was a 4ish year old girl riding in it FF. Most ppl around here throw kids in boosters right at 30lbs and ditch the harness. :rolleyes:

BabyGearCollector

Not lately, but I did in my younger years. Sometimes I'd purposely park beside a certain car in a store parking lot just so I could casually check out the now-classic car seats in the adjacent car as I got in and out of mine. I had an interest in all kinds of baby gear and their design from early adulthood on, and always took notice of the changes.

Dave

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC