Question Anyone own a Honda Odyssey 1999-2002?

doriansmummy

I was wondering if you have run into transmission problems or any other issues with your Honda Odyssey? We are looking at possibly getting one within the years listed above but I have seen that some people on the internet say that these year and up until 2004 have transmission problems.

Thanks for any input!

ADS

lovinwaves

Are we going to be adding to the family, Ms. Doriansmum? :whistle:

Also pose your question on the Ody Club forum. www.odyclub.com They will give, hopefully, great help :) Maybe we will see you over there if you get a "new" ody. The Kids safety forum could always use another CPS fanatic to give those guys :)p) a smack down here and there.

doriansmummy

Are we going to be adding to the family, Ms. Doriansmum? :whistle:

Also pose your question on the Ody Club forum. www.odyclub.com They will great, hopefully, great help :)

Uh no, not yet at least.:p
Although we only have 1 child on a average we have 1-2 extra kids with us 4-5 days out of the week. I watch kiddos PLUS have many nieces and nephews.

Thanks for the link.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I believe there were some updates in 2005 that resolved most issues. There was another minor change for 2007 I think.

The most problematic years were covered by an extended warranty. My 2001 was affected, but I never had any issue.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My 2003 has never had a problem, though it was recalled and received some fix....
The only year I'd avoid, carseat-wise, is the 2005 because it only has three top anchors, and no ability to add more.

o_mom

I have a 2002 and a family member has a 2001. The 2001 had the tranny go at about 104k. After much harrassment, Honda corporate covered it under warranty, but it was only 5 years old at the time and there was a silent warranty to 100k.

We have had our 2002 for 4 years and it hasn't had transmission issues yet, but only has 97k on it. We bought it certified used for that reason, but the extended warranty has expired at this point so we would be on our own for repairs. It did have the transmission service for the recall when we bought it at about 35,000mi.

We have only had a couple of minor items beyond routine service in the last 4 years - idle control something and a transmission pressure switch. Each was less than $400. There was also one warranty repair that escapes me, but it wasn't a big deal - oxygen sensor, maybe?

celtic1885

My 2003 has never had a problem, though it was recalled and received some fix....
The only year I'd avoid, carseat-wise, is the 2005 because it only has three top anchors, and no ability to add more.

somehow I missed this when I bought mine........:( Not too much of a problem right now though.

Melissa thanks for the link to the oddy club - I have a couple of questions as well that I'd like to research.

stevel

as of 2007 model year, the automatic transmission is completely different than the previous models. it's based on the four internal shaft trans that the ridgeline uses vs. the three shaft design the odysseys you speak of used. the four shaft trans is supposedly as reliable as any automatic out there......................

this is my understanding anyways............

mimieliza

I bought our 1999 from a family member. There was actually a recall and Honda replaced their transmission at 60,000 miles. So I would maybe look for one that already has a new transmission, maybe?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC