4th slot RFers in Radian

Karen

Are there any? It looks like DS is pretty close to RFing in that slot, but the difference between the third and 4th is HUGE. Not installed it is pretty close, but I think installed he still has a little room to go. If your DC is/was how old where they when they moved into the 4th slot?

ADS

DahliaRW

My ds has about a half inch to inch to go until he'd hit that. He just turned 2 years, is 36" tall with a crazy long torso (and 31 1/2 lbs). But I'd be he would make it to the 4th slot rfing by 3.

emandbri

Elizabeth has been on the forth slot since I put her in he radian at 2 years 8 months, she is now 3 years 1 month.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
*raises hand* All 3 of my kids currently use the same slot when RFing in the Radian (though when we're all in the car it is only one of their primary seats.)

monstah

DD is 22 months and is only about 1/2 an inch from the fourth slot.

And crazy... she is barely over the second slots on the Como, barely.

skylinphoto

My 3 year old is on the fourth slots RFing in his radian. He was on the 3rd slots..just two weeks ago..and then he had a massive growth spurt! So, 3 years 4 months old is when he moved to the 4th slots. :)

He's a tiny thing though. He's only 36.5 in tall ..I have no clue how he is on the 4th slot ..but, he sure is. It's nicely below his shoulder!

zeo2ski

My DS was on the 4th when I got the RN at 2 yr 6 mos. 3 months later he shrunk and it was close, but not close enough so I moved him down to the 3rd slot and he's been there another 3 months now. It took me quite a while to figure out that it was the switch from CDs to undies that did it--I couldn't believe it made that much difference!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
N is on the 4th slot. He's actually just a hair under it (maybe 1/8''), but I don't like how far under he fits on the 3rd slots.

Karen

N is on the 4th slot. He's actually just a hair under it (maybe 1/8''), but I don't like how far under he fits on the 3rd slots.
This is how DS is. I hate how big the difference is. I loved about the BLVD that it was always AT his shoulders.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I don't really like how big the difference is for RF, but oh well. I still like the seat overall and the fact that N can be RF.

kandamom

I recently switched to the fourth slot for my 25-month-old. I had the same concern about the slots being so far apart. He is a little above the slots if his back is against the seat back, but he slides down a little, since I have to use the crotch strap position that is the furthest out (>30 lbs for our radian). I posted about this issue a little while ago. There is just no way he can use the third slots. The majority of folks thought he was fine with the fourth slots. If I remember correctly, there was even one person who was actually a cpst instructor who said she had used it that way when she moved her own child to the fourth slots.

Rebecca
K - 7.5, 51.5", 57 lbs, Monterey
A - 25 months, 37.5", 32.5 lbs, rf in a Radian65

DahliaRW

I was looking at my ds today and thinking I should move the straps up to the 4th slot and see how it fits him. When I sit him in the seat his shoulders look even. But when I buckle (using the 3rd slot) they look below. But I wonder if the straps are pushing him down in the seat. I'll have to check it out.

LuvMyCharlie

Just got our 65 yesterday and DS is now even with the 4th slots in a sposie. He's normally in cloth so he'll be comfortably above. When I had the XT about 6 months ago, he was not yet even with the fourth slots. Wow.

romanoma

we moved my DS up about 1 month ago, so at about 3y 3mo. He had started to cry and fight that he wanted to "sit up" whenever I buckled him in. I thought he was referring to the angle of the seat and I thought we were done RF. But then he finally said "I'm squished!" and I realized he meant his shoulders. I have moved them up and he is fine now.

Problem is, he is also a string bean and with the crotch buckle on the farthest position, he can slouch a lot in the seat. It is well below his shoulders if he is sitting up tall, but it can be a good inch above when I go to get him out. I really don't know what else to do about that. Clearly he is tall enough, he's just too skinny, so I just let it be b/c otherwise he probably would not tolerate RF on that 3rd slot. :scratcheshead::shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC