Asked friend to bring her son over for a weight check...

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I am taking a friends son to an appointment tomorrow. She said she turned him and he is 37#. He doesn't seem heavier then my 2y4m, so I asked her to bring him by tonight. I don't want to take him forward facing unless I have to. He turned 1y in July.

I think she probably turned him, b/c it is hard to get him in and out. She has a 2-door Nissan Sentra. I know that car well b/c we had 2 rf at the time.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I guess the only thing I'd ask is where she got the 37# from and if you've had your scale calibrated... I'm not sure that I'd trust your scale over the dr.'s scale if that's where the 37# is coming from..

NannyMom

I guess the only thing I'd ask is where she got the 37# from and if you've had your scale calibrated... I'm not sure that I'd trust your scale over the dr.'s scale if that's where the 37# is coming from..

I trust mine over my doctor's. Because very time they weigh BabyS, the scale is off :rolleyes: Last time I made them make sure it started off calibrated.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
She wouldn't bring him over, so I am going to take my scale with me. I think she just wants to justify turning him ff. She has complained about getting him in and out. She said that I could just turn him rf, but I am going to weigh him. He will be weighed again at his appointment, so it will get double checked.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Update .

I went and picked him up at dc and weighed him. He was under 30#. He weighed 27# at his appointment. She has had him ff, but still had the seat in rf mode with the foot.

I called her and told her his weight she said she would turn him back rf. I also explained the foot to her. She didn't know it had to be changed.

Spam

Re: Update .

Good for you, I think she probably knew he didn't weigh 37lbs and just doesn't want the hassle. I doubt she'll leave him rf for long, but at least she'll have the seat installed correctly next time (hopefully).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC