Ready for Christmas??

Jewels

Senior Community Member
So is everyone ready for Christmas?

We are here. The presents are wrapped and under the tree (only one day care child tried to unwrap a gift), all food is bought for the big day (all our stores close today and won't be open til the 26th, most everything is always closed on Sunday's; small town) and I think we are all set!

Hope every body has a very M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S :D

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

YEP, we're ready and so are the kids. DH though of course has some presents to wrap. He always waits until Christmas Eve to get them wrapped :mad: I hate it, because I want to snuggle on the couch and drink hot cocoa LOL, but he makes me go in the other room so he can't wrap my gifts....MEN??? LOL

Morganthe

We're mostly ready here. :) DH has been baking all day. The temp is dropping fast with a new cold front coming over us. 42 degrees now. YAY! It WAS 64 degrees earlier!

I'm pretty much wrapped out and my hands hurt a little. The estimate was about 65 pkgs in 2 days last week bwtn dh, dd, dd's friends, family to mail off, and playing Santa for the grandparents. Only thing left is to help dd with her 'daddy's gift' tomorrow & organize the Christmas stocking stuffers. I also have a Gingerbread house kit we can do together. No baking, just assembly. I hope that will be fun.

We have a fireplace, but it hasn't been checked out since we moved in. I don't know if I'd trust it. No wood either to tempt us ;) But the Christmas lights make everything cosy and nice.

Merry Christmas !
From West Texas Big Country Area
Stay safe and warm

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My family has already celebrated Christmas, so we are done. Nothing to get ready for... :)

I hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Splash

Ah, I hate Christmas. Nothing happy or magical about it for me. However, it comes every year regardless. Charlie has his presents, today has been spent making cookies and candy for 150 people. Tomorrow we will go to my in laws' house and I will pretend that I don't want to see my MIL die a horrible death, and I'll smile and nod while everyone else gets their happy gifts and I get my potato peeler and put in the faggot corner and told again how I ruined everyone's life. Then Monday we'll go with the rest of her family, where I will at least be treated like I deserve to breathe, if not eat.
Fun.
But yeah, we're ready! Bring it on!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yikes!

That doesn't seem like a very pleasant experience!

I hope everything goes better than you are expecting!

Lara

Well I have had shopping done for a couple weeks.

I have a feeling that I will be up late tonight and tomorrow unboxing things so dd doesn't have to sit there and watch me try and do it all day Monday. I just don't get why everything for kids has to be attached at every.single.point. on the toy that is attachable to the box (did that make sense?) It drives me insane!

lovinwaves

Well I have had shopping done for a couple weeks.

I have a feeling that I will be up late tonight and tomorrow unboxing things so dd doesn't have to sit there and watch me try and do it all day Monday. I just don't get why everything for kids has to be attached at every.single.point. on the toy that is attachable to the box (did that make sense?) It drives me insane!

LOL!! Sometimes it can take me a good ten minutes to get a toy out. I use to worry really bad and ,I guess I still do, about being sure I picked up every little piece of plastic or twisty tie. I was always worried DS would pick them up and eat them :(

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
So is everyone ready for Christmas?

We are here. The presents are wrapped and under the tree (only one day care child tried to unwrap a gift),

I've only got a few more to wrap. Have to run to the store for a few goodies. As for daycare kids, I bought a HUGE gate thingy this year to protect my tree. I LOVE IT!!!!! It doesn't go all the way around my tree, since it's so big...but the way it works, it's very secure and kept curious fingers away from our gifts, and keep the baby away from the ornaments. It was money well spent for my sanity!

Lara

LOL!! Sometimes it can take me a good ten minutes to get a toy out. I use to worry really bad and ,I guess I still do, about being sure I picked up every little piece of plastic or twisty tie. I was always worried DS would pick them up and eat them :(

I still worry about that, and mine is 2.5! She rarely put things in her mouth as a baby, but now it seems like everything goes in her mouth (except food:rolleyes: she won't sit still long enough to eat a real meal). It definatly scares me!

skaterbabs

I think we're finished with our shopping at this point, now I need to get it all wrapped. Other than that I need to get the ornaments on the tree (we've left them off up until now because of the cat) and bake about a million cookies.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

10 minutes to remove a toy would be great IMHO. It took me more like 20 to 30 minutes to remove a Fur Real puppy from the packaging to put in batteries and have it all ready. That poor puppy was twisty tied multiple times to the darn box, including each ear and each paw, and so was the little dog biscuit and chew toy/rope, argh. My fingers hurt from extracting it and I have to wrap more stuff. Thank goodness for gift bags. It's easy to put the toys in a bag once I finally get them out their prisons, er boxes.

Yoshi

Keep some nail clippers or a small set of wire cutters on hand X-mas morning for the twisty-ties that inevitably are twisted around four thousand times! Save your fingers!!!

Thinking back to when DS was little and was SO into legos. We had to build the entire pirate ship one Christmas morning. (he was 4) I was SOOOO tired, and he just was not going to be able to put it off for any amount of time. So we did it! It took like 2 hrs...little parrots for the pirate's shoulders, the rope rigging for the mast/sail.....the little tiny cannons with the cannonballs inside...the palm trees and the treasure chest with the teeny tiny gold coins inside. All 2 million pieces! he loved it!

Thankfully, he mastered following the instructions (or "constructions" as he used to call them:p ) by himself shortly after this.

He is 17 now and last year he sold his Lego collection on Ebay for $450. They grow up fast, believe me!!!!

RubysGirl

Everything is wrapped and sorted into bags. Our bag is packed. Now it's just the last minute bathing and sleeping and we set off in the morning. I hope to get an early start and travel the 400 miles by 3pm so we can visit with family. :D

Dillipop

I just have to finish the baby's stocking- adding the fluff around the top, make a wetbag for my sister and then wrap it all. Then I have to clean the house so my parents can come for dinner tomorrow night before church. Oh, yeah, I still have to figure out what I'm going to feed them! I think it will be a long night tonight to get ready!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I think (hope?) I'm ready. I cleaned & baked all day. We have DH's big family Christmas party at our house tomorrow at 4. I got lucky this year and my mom volunteered to do my wrapping for me - so I sent boxes & boxes & boxes (& more boxes) over to her house and she wrapped them all! :) I still have a few last minute things to wrap, then more baking and cleaning (its constant when you have little kids in the house, isn't it?) before the party tomorrow. Oh, and I can't forget to give the kids baths and get them dressed, and to get dressed myself! Has anyone else ever done that? Gotten everyone else in the family ready and then realized you're still in your sweatpants and haven't even brushed your hair? It seems to happen to me frequently! ;)

skaterbabs

As of 25 minutes ago, it is FINISHED. I'm just winding down so I can sleep for two hours until the kids wake us up....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC