RFing in the general public

zeo2ski

...is apparently catching on big time! I caught a link on BBC about car seats in my April 08 birth board and 50% more people have their 16 mos old RF than FF. And then people will post "mine is FF, judge me if you want" or something like that meaning they KNOW they should have them RF. People say it's plastered all over (which it is at my ped clinic). I'm just so happy that the info is out there now--I'd say most parents WANT to do what's best for their children but just don't know any better. Well now they know better and they're doing better. So yall keep up the good work!

ADS

njkj

I am on a Military spouse board and someone post about in the Debate section and It ended up being like a 12 page thread lol. Some were all for it and some had the normal rediculous excuses for not doing it. It is a public forum so I can post a link if you want.

BananaBoat

My BabyCenter July 2008 birth board just posted a poll about this. Currently the results are -
190 ERF : 71 FF :D

Awesome, right?! :thumbsup:

And those who are making up lame excuses are getting heckled about it (not by me, though) :eek:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Boy, I wish I was seeing that reflected in the real world. :(

It has to happen sooner or later. I've seen a definite shift in public perception about rf'ing over the last year when parents are shopping for seats, so that has to mean something, right? *fingers crossed*

BookMama

Senior Community Member
It has to happen sooner or later. I've seen a definite shift in public perception about rf'ing over the last year when parents are shopping for seats, so that has to mean something, right? *fingers crossed*

Yes, I do think that counts for something! Also, as you know, most of the people I see at seat checks are of the "using seats incorrectly, if at all" variety, and they're mostly not brand new parents, so I suppose that has a lot to do with it.

Last edited:

ajanes

I also post on the Nest/Bump. I think predominately most people are aware and are planning on RF until at least age 2. It's not as long as we'd like, but it's something. There are the occasional few who don't know and the few who do know and don't care, but for the most part they are very outspoken about the benefits of ERF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC