Question Monetery Back

MonsterMom6

Thanks to all the wonderful advice here, we chose Montereys for my quads last spring. We really like these seats. My girls just turned 7 and are between 35# - 45#.

Best features are LATCH, which keeps the seat from moving all over when they try to pull the belt out far enough to buckle in. Other feature is the shoulder belt guide, as most others allow the belt to come out of the guide, due to the quirky way our vehicle belts are anchored. Nothings worming out of this guide unless I WANT it to.

We recently took a trip 4 hours each way and the kids in the Montereys were comfiest. One in an Air Booster complained about her bottom after a few hours.

BUT, my biggest peeve with the Monterey is that the back adjuster opens up by itself. My kids are toothpicks and really only need it on it's narrowest setting. It's not a big deal in the captain's chairs, but on the rear bench, I sometimes need to be able to use the center position. The self-widening seat really encroaches on that space. I seem to recall someone mentioning this months ago. Is there anything that can be done?

I guess it's more of a minor inconvenience than anything.

ADS

Maggie

No, nothing you can really do. I suppose you could call SK and see if they'd offer you a new one. Chances are it's going to do the same thing.

Mine does it and several friends who have the same seat have the same issue.

MonsterMom6

Mine does it and several friends who have the same seat have the same issue.

Does it annoy you as much as it annoys me?

One reason I liked the seat was it kind of "enveloped" the child. Seems cozier and helps "mom" overcome the step up to a booster. Kids don't seem to notice it.

I was thinking about ordering a 5th one and moving DS out of the EF Confidence. I really don't like the lap belt position on it.

Guess I'll just have to live it.

mommaon112903

I noticed on Josef's Monterey it does the same thing, not all the time, but every now and then I have to "push" it back together. It dosen't bother me because we just :love: everything else about it.

MonsterMom6

I noticed on Josef's Monterey it does the same thing, not all the time, but every now and then I have to "push" it back together. It dosen't bother me because we just :love: everything else about it.

We feel the same way. Guess I'll just have to overlook this minor little character flaw and continue to love unconditionally.

Thanks for the input. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll send note to SKJP. Maybe they can address it in later versions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC