My friend kid's seat usage.

aclayton74

My best friend of 30 years has 4 kiddos ages 12, 8, 7 and 4. They all just turned these ages by the way. Well the three little ones are all in high back boosters. Well the little one is a peanut she only weighs 28 lbs soaking wet. I have been hesistant on bring up car seat usage with her (we got into a stupid arguement about 5 years ago and just started talking again about 2 months ago) so I finally brought it up to her tonight I said that her 4 year old REALLY needs to be in a harnessed seat my sister was over so I showed her my nieces Radian 80 and she was like I would prefer she is still harnessed but my husband said thinks the high back booster is easier since she can do it herself. I was like she can just as easily so a harness that Racheal just needs to make sure the chest clip is positioned properly. So Rachael said that if I bring it up and explain to him the benefits of the harnessed seat that he would be more receptive. She said that he would b#%$h about having to spend money on another seat which shouldn't be a problem he makes a really really good living to money shouldn't be a problem he is just VERY frugal well actually cheap. She really wants a Radian 65 I told her if she wants something cheaper that the Evenflo Chase is a good alternative even though it only harnesses to 40 lbs. Even though I know she will get the Radian. I told her about Kyle David Miller and it scared me. So wish me luck in talking to her husband and thanks for listening.

Also 1 of the 3 of her high back boosters is expired this way it would get rid of the expired one. The other 2 are about 2 years old (I peeked!! LOL)

ADS

tjham

Good Luck! It's a positive sign that her 7 and 8 yr olds are still boostered. Most kids that age are not, sadly.

aclayton74

I apolgize for my spelling errors it is late I am tired and when I went edit my post it did not work. I am not sure what is going on with the edit function.

aclayton74

Good Luck! It's a positive sign that her 7 and 8 yr olds are still boostered. Most kids that age are not, sadly.

Thank you I hope it works!! I am pretty positive it will. Also I was thrilled to find out the older two were still boostered!!!

Maedze

If money is an issue, the Evenflo Chase makes a lot more sense. She's tiny for a four year old, and I really doubt she'll hit 40 pounds before she's mature enough to ride safely in a booster.

Kayleen

I hope you get the right seat, becuase that is the price for a backless booster as well as half the description is backless, the other half of the description is for the harnessed highback seat that you want. That site is very messed up.

Maedze

I went ahead and ordered this for Chloe. I know Kmart is having issues with their seats on their website so I called and asked if they send me the wrong seat they said I can send the wrong seat back and they will honor the price for the right seat. Also Rachael (my friend) is going to get a Radian or Chase in a few weeks.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_024W163243110001P?keyword=cosco+booster

If the picture is what you ordered, I hate to tell you this, but even a TINY 4 year old is not going to fit in that seat. The straps are even lower than the Cosco Scenera. I don't think most kids older than two fit in it by height. My own shorter two year old doesn't fit by height.

Evolily

I went ahead and ordered this for Chloe. I know Kmart is having issues with their seats on their website so I called and asked if they send me the wrong seat they said I can send the wrong seat back and they will honor the price for the right seat. Also Rachael (my friend) is going to get a Radian or Chase in a few weeks.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_024W163243110001P?keyword=cosco+booster

I hate to say this, but, can you cancel your order? That seat has an incredibly low top harness- both A & C outgrew it well before their 3rd birthday.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree that the Cosco High-Backed Booster is not a good choice at all -- it probably won't fit as a harnessed seat and it's a terrible no good very bad booster. I actually hope they send you the wrong one so you can return it easily!

I also agree that a 28# 4yo does not need a Radian80. A Chase or Cargo would be fine and far less expensive choices -- just stress that they don't make very good boosters either.

Lea_Ontario

Evenflo Generation would work well too.

I'm positive that there is no booster that is LEGAL for a 28# child to use.

aclayton74

The seat arrived yesterday and suprisingly it was the one I ordered. Chloe is about 3/4 " below the first harness slot (like I said she is tiny). I feel better she is in a harnessed seat once again. Her mom is going to get her a Nauti in a few months.

aclayton74

Also the reason I ordered this seat is I do not have alot of money to spend right now and I wanted her back in a harnessed seat ASAP!! Now that she is harnessed again her mom and dad (he was very receptive!!) realize the importance of keeping her harnessed. So this seat should buy them a few months until they can get her a Nauti. It was never meant to be a long term seat. Just a short term solution.

Melodiya99

I think it's really cool that you got that for her and that it worked out so well with her parents:thumbsup: I'm glad it worked out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC