Pics in Car seats 80s and before

santasgirl

so i saw a thread about memories about us being in car seats and i thought it would be fun to post pics of us or fam in car seats way back when
so ill start
this is my sister

im thinking shes 2ish
with her boyfriend Josh

caaf3821.jpg

And this is ben he is 2 here maybe close to 3
SCARY tho look at this
813c5fad.jpg

d57f997d.jpg

ADS

WhatAboutPuppy

These are my cousins. I know you said like 80's or so but... Sarah's sitting in the seat and she's 9 now. I know that Anna (the head from the side) rode in it first and I think they'd bought it used at that point too but I'm not sure... Anyone know what the seat is and when it was made maybe?? This was probably 7 years ago... actually I'm pretty sure. I know she was 2 so yeah. So... 2002? lol Wow...
l_b1d1d89a32028e3fc5dd34f80e00a783.jpg

classicseats

These are my cousins. I know you said like 80's or so but... Sarah's sitting in the seat and she's 9 now. I know that Anna (the head from the side) rode in it first and I think they'd bought it used at that point too but I'm not sure... Anyone know what the seat is and when it was made maybe?? This was probably 7 years ago... actually I'm pretty sure. I know she was 2 so yeah. So... 2002? lol Wow...
l_b1d1d89a32028e3fc5dd34f80e00a783.jpg

That looks like an Evenflo One Step?

WhatAboutPuppy

That looks like an Evenflo One Step?

I thought it had said Century on it but I'm not positive at all... I think you would know best. I remember in 1997 or 1996 when they bought it used I got paid to clean it out (I was 12) along with a boat load of stuff my aunt had bought at garage sales. lol I had no idea!

ETA: the frame was all metal, the bottom half like swung back and forth between upright and reclined.

classicseats

I thought it had said Century on it but I'm not positive at all... I think you would know best. I remember in 1997 or 1996 when they bought it used I got paid to clean it out (I was 12) along with a boat load of stuff my aunt had bought at garage sales. lol I had no idea!

ETA: the frame was all metal, the bottom half like swung back and forth between upright and reclined.

It's hard to be sure from that photo. I'm taking an educated guess? But your description sounds like a One Step.

monstah

so i saw a thread about memories about us being in car seats and i thought it would be fun to post pics of us or fam in car seats way back when
so ill start
this is my sister

im thinking shes 2ish
with her boyfriend Josh

And this is ben he is 2 here maybe close to 3
SCARY tho look at this

Edited my reply out because I was wrong. ;)

Cool thread idea!

TerisBoys

It's hard to be sure from that photo. I'm taking an educated guess? But your description sounds like a One Step.

Before it was Evenflo, the One Step was marketed by Kantwet - maybe that's what you're remembering?

I had one of those for Josh in 1996. It was manufactured in 1988 IIRC though. (before I knew better).

Did the harness attach to the bottom of the shield and adjust from there?

BabyGearCollector

Wow! These pictures are a fun "blast from the past" for me.:) I don't think we have any photos of our son in a car seat, but believe we do of our daughter in her Century seat, taken back in 1987. I'll have to dig it out of our family photos and post it here. Keep these enjoyable pics coming!:thumbsup:

Dave

Blondie87

I have pics of me and my husband (seperate pics) in carriers, but not actual car seats. But DH's mom used hers as a car seat.. :eek:

sunnymw

Fisher Price... this one is what DH and SIL rode in, 1984 and 1990 are their birth years
100_3896.jpg

This is ME!!! (1986, and the seat was bought secondhand)
100_4619.jpg

100_4620.jpg

These are late 80s European seats (Germany) (i'm the older kid)
100_4608.jpg

100_4629.jpg

FWIW Germany has always had a good booster law--all my life there I remeber riding in one, and even when I visited up until when I was 12 I had to use one.

swtgi1982

This first picture is of me in my "infant seat" at 4 1/2 months old. Apr 1983
DSC_0101.jpg

The Next is me in my "Toddler seat" at 10 months old. Sep 1983
DSC_0102.jpg

This one is of my brothers seat fall of 1986 Pic says Oct 1986 which would put him at 6 months old. You can see it in the front seat of the car through the window if you look. Yes that is me at 3.5yr in the front of the car.
DSC_0103.jpg

kbud

Ok, I feel old! I was babysitting kids who were using these seats at the time....

I do remember a family I babysat for in the early 80's. They didn't use carseats or seatbelts and the 2 or 3 year old literally fell out of the car while they were driving. She was fine but I was appalled that she wasn't at least in a seatbelt!

susanx4

i will have to ask my dad if he has any pictures of us in them, all of us born in the 70's . i know my oldest brother didn't have a infant seat, i know my 2nd oldest ( '74 i think) my mom special ordered a brand new rf infant safety seat from GM and the nurses when she left the hospital were appalled she was going to use THAT thing with the baby instead of holding him in the car...
i know we all pretty much rode in seats i think till i was about 3?? i do remember being in one!! i remember some kinda booster seat?? it maybe had a huge plastic bar that came over my lap... not like a shield seat though...when i think about it i picture an igloo... lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC