Gulp - What to do on seats to turn ffing??

Pepse

I need to switch the Radian

(remember the one that was going in the Mustang and the new AO rfing in my truck, you mean the mustang that still doesn;t have a tether in it and it is AUGUST lol)

and a Blvd.

What do i have to do? Any tricks to installing ffing? These will be my first ever ffing instal.

Thanks

Last rfing trip in dh's car

beach004.jpg

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I like having the FF foot down on the RN and I pull it out a bit from the seat bite (not too much just so it isn't super upright) and then I buckle it in and pullt he extra strap out of the belt by the latchplate pulling it though the openings in the cover. I have found in a lot of vehicles I also have to twist the female end 2x's to bring it down out of the belt path so that I can get it tight.

Good luck :)

mommycat

Sorry if any of this is obvious, you are on this board so you probably know a lot of this!

Radian:
Dont forget that for FF under 40 lbs, the Radian needs the SafeStop attached between the harness and the splitter plate. (And make sure that if your seat is old enough to have been affected by the SafeStop recall, that you have the new SafeStop, otherwise call SK to get one.) You can twist the buckle stalk up to 3 full twists OR if your buckle stalks are long enough you can let the buckle go into the beltpath instead, whatever makes the buckle not land on the edge of the belt path. I also open the velcro slits on the sides of the seat and tighten the belt through those. In some vehicles having the recline foot up or down can help get a better install, try with it extended first, though.

Boulevard:
For the BV FF, make sure that you put it in the correct recline position (not fully reclined like for RF). For belt lockoffs, if you use them, you just make sure the window-side lockoff is open while you tighten the belt and then slide the shoulder belt inside and twist it shut. Really easy. If you are using UAS, you need to switch the UAS straps to opposite sides. There's a thread around here or a video on Britax's youtube account that shows this well, if you have trouble.

For both seats:
obvioulsy, you will need to make the harness start at or above the shoulders, and use top tether.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Sorry if any of this is obvious, you are on this board so you probably know a lot of this!

Boulevard:
For the BV FF, make sure that you put it in the correct recline position (not fully reclined like for RF). For belt lockoffs, if you use them, you just make sure the window-side lockoff is open while you tighten the belt and then slide the shoulder belt inside and twist it shut. Really easy. If you are using UAS, you need to switch the UAS straps to opposite sides. There's a thread around here or a video on Britax's youtube account that shows this well, if you have trouble.

For both seats:
obvioulsy, you will need to make the harness start at or above the shoulders, and use top tether.

Also for the BVD you need to have the HUGS on :thumbsup:

AWW

Check to see if you need to change the belt path/UAS path from a RFing path to a FF path - I'm not familiar with your seats exactly but on any 3 in 1's I've used I've had to change the belt path.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Check to see if you need to change the belt path/UAS path from a RFing path to a FF path - I'm not familiar with your seats exactly but on any 3 in 1's I've used I've had to change the belt path.

Yes, she will need to change the belt path if she is using the UAS/LATCH but if using the seatbelt she will just route the seatbelt through the FF belt path.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC