My 3 across and a couple of questions.

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Pull out the instructions on the CarGo. It will show you the locking clip is supposed to go within 1" of the belt buckle. You thread both the shoulder & lap belt through it.

Can you tell me your vehicle make & model so we can see if it has a light weight locking latch plate or a locking retractor. To be honest if your seatbelts lock you most likely do not need a locking clip on a forward facing seat.

As for the seatbelts bunching. It is very normal on the CarGo due to the beltpath hole.

chelle80

Pull out the instructions on the CarGo. It will show you the locking clip is supposed to go within 1" of the belt buckle. You thread both the shoulder & lap belt through it.

Can you tell me your vehicle make & model so we can see if it has a light weight locking latch plate or a locking retractor. To be honest if your seatbelts lock you most likely do not need a locking clip on a forward facing seat.

As for the seatbelts bunching. It is very normal on the CarGo due to the beltpath hole.

The locking clip is not used to lock the seatbelt, the seatbealt is locked on its own(2002 impala-locking retractor). I guess i forgot to take it off when i fixed the car seat, i took it to a "tech" and he installed it with the locking clip there with both the lap and shoulder belt through it, he said the sealtbelt bunching like that not good and that putting the locking clip there would keep it from bunching(can we say dummy!!!). The belt is locked with the retractor, so my question is is it ok to leave the locking clip gonna hurt the seatbelt being there but not being used?

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I don't think it will hurt the seatbelt but it will most likely break in a crash and become a projectile. So, I would remove it. And, A locking clip there will not stop the belt from bunching. It's normal esp for this seat.

Ahzryn

They switched to a switchable retractor somewhere between the 2000 and 2002 Impalas huh? Darn, I like the lightweight locking latchplates on my 2000. Looks like they got rid of the silly donut headrests too though, so that's good!

I'd take the locking clip off, just in case. I don't know that it would hurt, but I don't know that it wouldn't, either. The arrangement looks perfect though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC