Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

needing slim seat, radian not working

Okay so I have a mazda mpv, i need to do 3 rear facing in the third row, I have a radian, it's to tall for the third row, I'm going to try it in the center, I'm hoping to do some magic so I only have to buy 2 new seats.

I was thinking the coccoro, but it's so small and has such low weight limits rear facing and forward facing.

What about a myride? I have no Idea how wide it is, has anyone had luck getting it in a 3 accross situation.

I did have luck last school year, getting 3 forward facing, como,radian,nautilus. If that helps with the size of bench it is. I was wanting at that time to keep one of the daycare kiddos rear facing, but could not get a 3 accross with those seats having 1 rear facing.

any other seats I should consider?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: needing slim seat, radian not working

The My Ride is pretty bulky, but it's also high. So it might puzzle over a lower seat.

What about the Avenue, those aren't terribly wide.

I had luck with the radian fitting in the middle, I have come to the conclusion that it's the head rest on the bucket seats that causes the radian not to fit in the outboard positions, can the head rest be taken off? I have a nautilus and turbo booster in those seats.

I will have to go to big lots to look at the avenue, hopefully they still have them.

CPS Advocate

Yes, the head rest can be removed (presuming the TB is high backed).

I don't think Big Lots carries the Avenue, those are a Sears/Kmart special.

Yes the turbo booster is a high back, but I guess I need to think about what about when she's in a low back.

how wide are the new 50# 3 in 1's?

That sucks if the avenue is a sears/kmart special, we don't have kmarts, and the sears here never has more then like 3 seats on the shelves.

CPS Advocate

Can you order from Sears on line and return to a b & m if it doesn't work out?

that's a possibility, I was going to do that with a coccoro from target.

would you recommend trying a coccoro or avenue? I could probably order both a see what happens.

CPS Advocate

Either one? The Coccoro is narrower but the Avenue is probably easier to install.

Thank you for your help.

I went a head and ordered a coccoro, it's slimmer. If I have install issues and decide it's not gong to work, targets closer to me then sears.

I think you made a good choice. The avenue is not a slim seat, nor does it puzzle well. BTW is is the Uptown that has been found at Big Lots. The avenue is also on sale at overstock.com
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

That's good to know, I knew there was something like the avenue or scenera at big lots, I rarely go there.