Question introduction & Booster Question

sunnidae

Hi! My name is Chrissy and I have a five-year old daughter who rides in a Britax Regent in our Prius; she's 43 lbs now and it'll hold her up to 80 lbs, so I'm not worried about that. (She loves that seat so much! We'll all be sad the day she outgrows it.)

But she and I will be traveling next week by air, and we'll be staying with my sister & riding in her car (a Honda Pilot). I need to find something -- preferably a backless booster -- that I can carry or have shipped out there, that I can be sure will fit in her car ... and that will also fit in my car, later.

I've been looking at the reviews for the Clek Olli & Ozzi, and the positive reviews rarely mention the type of car being used; the negative reviews are all from people driving various makes/models in which the Cleks just don't seem to fit.

I haven't really researched other boosters, mostly because I really like the Clek reviews for the cars it fits. :) It's more important that something will work in the Pilot than in the Prius, if it comes down to that. My sister has a 6 week old infant who rides in a Graco-something, but space shouldn't be an issue; she's got three rows of seats.

Thank you for your help! :)

----
Chrissy

ADS
If you must use a booster, I would recommend a high back booster over a low back booster. If possible could your sister buy the booster ahead of time so you don't have to worry about shipping?

If you want a cheap good fit booster: Graco Turbooster
I would also look at the Parkway SG, Recaro VIVO/

sunnidae

I could ask her to buy one -- I hadn't really thought about that, I'm usually the do-it person. ;) Thank you! And that would make a high-back booster more feasible.

I don't mind paying a little more for a good-quality seat, but I wonder if there's anyone reading who actually has a Pilot, who can tell me about one that they know will fit. I can ask her to make the purchase (and I'll reimburse her), but I can't ask her to go and try installing various seats to find the right one. (It's a sister thing. I just can't.)

Thank you!

Maedze

You don't have much to worry about in a Pilot. At five, your daughter needs a high back rather than a backless booster.

The Graco Turbobooster and the Recaro Vivo both fit smaller booster riders well. If you use the Turbobooster, be sure to put the screws in the armrests!

Evolily

another option would be the ride safer travel vest- it's useful for trips (fits in a purse, not bulky, offers similar protection to a 5 point harness, can be used with a lap belt and tether or a lap/shoulder belt, etc)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I was going to suggest a vest as well.

Also, fyi, most kids don't make it to 80 pounds in a Regent. She'll outgrow it either at 80 pounds OR when her shoulders go over the top slot OR when the tips of her ears go over the top of the shell.

Wendy

sunnidae

Thank you all for your advice. I've just ordered the Recaro Vivo to be shipped to her house. :)

I know about the size-requirements for the Regent, by the way. It's hard to write everything you know about everything in an intro post -- but every time I put her in the car, I notice how tall she is in the seat. What I really appreciate, though, is that you mentioned it! I love how focused on safety everyone here is. My husband's been a lurker on your boards since our little girl was actually "little" -- it was his regard for you that led me to create this account to ask this question.

You all have helped us more than you know, already, and we really appreciate it. :love:

Eh, that was kind of mushy, wasn't it? ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC